A tale of 3 whips

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

A tale of 3 whips

Post by whiskyman »

edited
Last edited by whiskyman on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

That is one fricken nice whip! Congratulations, I think I might have to look into getting a cowhide.
ecwhips
Vendor

Post by ecwhips »

Yes, Bernardo is another one of the fine craftsman on this board. I definitely recommend his work.

Jim
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

whip

Post by BendingOak »

they are all nice looking whips. I'm sorry to here your disappionted with the Morgon.
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Whiskeyman, that’s a great looking bullwhip. I really like that one alot and I appreciate the review, fantastic comparison photos too. I have been very curious about Bernard’s Indy bullwhips for some time now; he really seems to capture that style to a tee.

Aside from being a bit lighter compared to Morgan’s and Pageys bullwhips, how does the balance of the whip feel? does it lay out straight on a throw? I’d really like to hear more on your impression of this bullwhip after you get a chance to use it a little more and get a good feel for it. Thanks

Dan
Last edited by BullWhipBorton on Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
midwestwhips
Vendor

Post by midwestwhips »

Hey Whisky,

Great looking whip, bernardo is getting so good!!! I knew you would like it!

And FYI, bernardo's got another bullwhip on ebay right now, and I am amazed that no one has bid yet! And that he hans't posted it in the For sale section!

I look forward to hearing more about your new whip Whiskyman!

Regards,

Paul Nolan
MidWestWhips
ecwhips
Vendor

Post by ecwhips »

I've thrown a couple of Bernardo's whips and a few Morgans in my time. In my opinion, Bernardo's whips have the same balance and feel as a Morgan. They roll right out...BANG, effortlessly. Even in the look, you would almost think it was a Morgan if you just saw one lying around and picked it up.

Jim
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Hey Jim, haven’t talked to you in a while, hope everything is going good with you.

Thanks so much for adding that post, is really good to hear. You know, It’s one thing to hear a whip maker say his/her whips are good, but if you can’t try one out for yourself, it I really does help to hear opinions from other whip handlers and whip makers to get a better idea of what to expect. His bullwhips keep on impressing me thought and they really do look a lot like David’s whips. In one of the recent photos Bernardo posted here, I honestly though for a moment or two that it was a picture of a brand new Morgan bullwhip from the late 80s.

Dan
whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

edited