Dear Abbey,

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Dear Abbey,

Post by Jack Flanders »

So I'm lookin at the federation from hatsdirect and have sized my head, it's between a 58 and 59...cm, thank you very much. I've never bought a hat like this before- so should I go with the 58 or 59? I don't expect to be on horseback or shot from a cannon...
Fedoraman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Dear Abbey,

Post by Fedoraman »

Jack Flanders wrote:So I'm lookin at the federation from hatsdirect and have sized my head, it's between a 58 and 59...cm, thank you very much. I've never bought a hat like this before- so should I go with the 58 or 59? I don't expect to be on horseback or shot from a cannon...
Personally, I would go with a the next size up as the sweat will shrink a little bit, IMHO.
Harrison_Davies
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Harrison_Davies »

Ooh good post, I was thinking the same thing myself. Thanks.
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

I would go with the size 59. Fedoraman is right, the sweat shrinks just a tad when you sweat into it.
Vannevar
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Vannevar »

dude, think about it, you never want a hat that is too small. order the size up, it will shrink in time anyway.
Bebop
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Bebop »

I would go with the 59. I orderd a 57 and when I got it, it felt 2 sizes too big until I wore it for a while. Now after 2 weeks it feels like the right size. They do shrink a little bit and if it is just way too big, Hatsdirect has a pretty decent return policy. Enjoy that Fed. It's a nice hat.
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Yeah, go for the next size up - a hat being a fraction too big is better than too small.

Besides, hatsdirect ship your fed with some foam padding which you can add inside the sweatband if its a fraction too big. I did this with my first fed and after a few weeks, had to remove the foam as the sweatband had adapted to the shape of my head.

Al
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

The more you wear your fedora, the more you'll wear your fedora. The Akubra's do a great job conforming to the shape of your head.
Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jack Flanders »

Renderking Fisk wrote:The more you wear your fedora, the more you'll wear your fedora.
Now who could argue with that? Thanks fellas!