Gear you make use of in day to day life.

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Favorite piece of gear?

Jacket
35%
Fedora
32%
MK VII
25%
Boots, whip, and other
8%

Total votes: 65

IllinoisJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Gear you make use of in day to day life.

Post by IllinoisJones »

I find myself wearing my boots everyday, and plan to wear my jacket everyday (after arrival) I also am now carrying my mk around a opposed to my old bag. Just wondering about the rest of you. Illinois
Andiana
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Southern California - The home of my 'home away from home'...Disneyland...

Post by Andiana »

I put my fedora and bag to use everyday. I wear my fedora everywhere I go except school, and use my bag at school to carry by books/binders/notebooks that aren't in my hall locker.

I wear my (disney) leather jacket to alot of places, but only when it's the appropriate temperature.
Pandora
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Pandora »

I wear my Wested almost every day - except if it's too hot. My MK VII I carry with me in my freetime since it doesn't match well with the business look...
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Hard to answer.

Jacket gets the most play, hands down. But it's warm here, so it's only a given for some 6 months, and that's pushing it. So you know I like it when I wore it for 9 months last season. ;)

The hat will get worn when I have an excuse - that's the entire rainy winter (So Cal), plus a few months 'just in case', and during the summer for long outings. So when I can, but it isn't all the time.

The MKVII is the only thing that gets used year round, but it's not every day. A lot on vacations, or anywhere we are probably taking the camera, and sometimes to work, but then it just hangs on my coatrack all day, I don't wear it IN the office.

So the bag and the jacket are a tie day-wise, but the jacket gets the SOLID use. MKVII is probably even MORE useful (here in So Cal, again).

Boots? Gosh, I wear boots everyday, but that just doesn't count. ;)
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

I could have voted for the web belt, but I decided to go with the jacket.
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

I wear my boots every day so by defalt they are the most used gear. I wear my MKVII during the weekends or when out for the evening. My lid gets put on the rack when the temp climbs but is in use most every day. When my Wested arrives that will be used as often as weather permitts (80 degrees and up is a little too hot)

Cheers,
Jeff
Ghos7a55assin
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ghos7a55assin »

I wear a fedora daily, whether it is a vintage Stetson Whippet or Akubra Federation. I also use my web-belt daily. I wear my jacket weather-permitting.
Calico Jack
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Calico Jack »

My bag was my bookbag through my last two years of college. Although I never wore the hat, I was told that I looked like Indiana Jones a lot (leather jacket, khakis, some type of safariish shirt or another).
Colby
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Colby »

I'm wearing my MKVII right now at work! I'm also wearing my boots and web belt. 8)
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Gobler wrote:I wear my boots every day so by defalt they are the most used gear. I wear my MKVII during the weekends or when out for the evening. My lid gets put on the rack when the temp climbs but is in use most every day. When my Wested arrives that will be used as often as weather permitts (80 degrees and up is a little too hot)

Cheers,
Jeff
I get the feeling our answers are basically the same. We use whatever we can when appropriate. If I had Indy socks they'd be high on the list, too...
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

ABF: "Always Bring Fedora..."

I was gone for three days, went to the Promise Keepers convention in Long Island and used the Bag the whole time I was there.

Folks who knew me could spot me hundreds of feet away cause of the Adventurebilt...
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I wear my Aldens nearly every day. When cool weather hit, I'll be wearing my Wested all of the time too. :)
Jens
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Jens »

My Wested comes with me always (if the sun is not burning too hot), my MK VII accompanies me if I leave the house, so does my Fedora most of the time.

Why own gear, if not to use it? :wink:
Indiana Jimmy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indiana Jimmy »

I wear my wested jacket & WPG bag every day on the bike, perfect for keeping the wind out and getting my books to work... :)

Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I voted the MKVII. the hat was too typical answer, plus i really adore those bags!!!
Floribama Steve
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Floribama Steve »

I wear my MK VII more than anything, although once I get a decent fedora I plan on wearing it all the time.
Mojave Jack
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mojave Jack »

Indiana Jimmy wrote:I wear my wested jacket & WPG bag every day on the bike, perfect for keeping the wind out and getting my books to work... :)
Indiana Jimmy, I think that bike would be my favorite piece of gear! Is that a Bullet? Veeerrry nice!
Richard~Buxton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Richard~Buxton »

It's the Jacket for me. Nice Bike and pic Jimmy, you didn't go with the LC one then. :wink:
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

I wear my Adventurebilt fedora, MKVII bag, and close enough jacket with whatever else I'm wearing on a daily basis. It's all very utilitarian and twice as stylin'.
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

I find I don't leave the house without my fedora on. Just don't feel complete without it. Durring the cooler months the jacket is never far away.

Cheers!

Dan
Indiana Jimmy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indiana Jimmy »

Mojave Jack wrote:
Indiana Jimmy wrote:I wear my wested jacket & WPG bag every day on the bike, perfect for keeping the wind out and getting my books to work... :)
Indiana Jimmy, I think that bike would be my favorite piece of gear! Is that a Bullet? Veeerrry nice!
Yep, a 1994 500cc Indian Enfield Bullet - nice bike, my daily driver to work... :)
Excellent little machine. :) Thanks.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

indy

Post by BendingOak »

Hat most of the time. Jacket when it starts getting cold.
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

That's awsome Jimmy!

I ware my Jacket when it's cool/cold, boots most of the time, some sort of Khaki/taupe pants most of the time, one of the belts if I need one, and the whip all the time....ok, maybe not the whip. I wore my hat on vacation, but not really any where else. I've also got some Indy T-shirts I ware some times. (Magnoli's Barnett College one, and two of my own making at cafepress) I might have warn the MKVII if I was still in school and had stuff to carry, but I don't really carry anything besides what's in my pockets.
The real Henry
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The real Henry »

I voted for the fedora, cause I wear it everyday when I go out with my dog!

BTW- Indiana Jimmy that's a beautyful Royal Enfield! :clap: =P~
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Jacket and Aldens are pretty much everyday where. The fedora is what I grab anytime I am going travelling. I imagine if I lived in a sunnier climate though I would feel inclined to wear the fedora every day.

Ken
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

Fedora and Mark VII bag goes with me to work every day. The jacket when it gets a bit cooler will be added.
Zach R.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Zach R. »

If I had a strap for my MKVII, it'd probably be getting the most use right now. :P
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

For me: Fedora, Aldens and them The Wested.
I always wear my Fedora, no matter the temp, and I'd sleep in my Aldens if I could, but the misses would get anoyed with if I did.
Now my Wested I'll wear every chance I get, love that jacket, I'll wear the shirt and pants from time to time (no one at work recognize's either one) I wear my MKVII when I go on trips or when I go walking the woods.
I wear as much gear as I can. :lol:
Croft