WPG bag

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

IndyBeck
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

WPG bag

Post by IndyBeck »

Hello,

I thought about ordering a What Price Glory Mk VII reproduction. After browsing through this Forum I think I like the color.

Does anybody know who is behind WPG? I mean is it a professional store or something? For a single person it would be hard to make all those bags, wouldn't it?

And I understand the bag is brand new?
Thanks in advance,
Andre
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

It is a...

Post by Michaelson »

...professional store, specializing in military surplus and reproductions. Regards. Michaelson
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I saw one at the Glacier (Mid-West) Summit and it was great. I had to wonder how somebody was able to replicate them that well. They did a good job.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

That they are

Post by Michaelson »

I've enjoyed mine. Regards. Michaelson
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

If you are a 12 year old kid like I am it's the perfect bag. The color is great and it's only $40.00! :shock:. Jerry (WPG Owner) was very pleasent to deal with too.
Regards,
Indiana
Henri Defense
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Henri Defense »

Hey Pyro which one did you look at...was it Mrs. Jones or mine? I am unable to remember, cuz if it was Mrs. Jones, ya should have seen mine.. :roll:

Henri
Colt
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Colt »

I will aslo second the remark that they are great bags and very well made.
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

Indiana wrote:Jerry (WPG Owner) was very pleasent to deal with too.
I'm sure there are people here who would disagree with you on that but that was my experience too. He's a no BS kinda guy. Doesn't suffer fools well. I like that. ;)
prettybigguy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by prettybigguy »

I really like mine. Before I bought it I looked @ some real MkVI and Mk VIIs @ a military antiques shop and decided to take the $40 risk. The authentic ones were a little too beat-up for my liking. I figured that since the rest of my gear is brand new, I would let the bag break-in along with them. Keep in mind that the strap is on the short side, so if you over 6 feet tall the buckle will ride really low and not in the middle of your chest as it's supposed too. I'm planning on replacing my strap with Lee Keppler's as soon as he answers my email (which I hope is BEFORE Indy IV is released)!
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

Yeah, the WPG shocked the socks right off of me. For this being the first release of the bag (nobody buys the first release, right?), Jerry I think nailed it. I mean the color can be better, but over half my collection of original MKVII's were off too. The strap kind of *****, but Lee's is the best so that is a given to switch it out anyway. I think the buckle can be salvaged by sandpapering the metal to expose the silver color.

-S