My Indy Boots - And only £3

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Lukmas
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

My Indy Boots - And only £3

Post by Lukmas »

My search for cheap gear in the UK continues!

I was Lucky enough to pick up these boots (brand new) for only £3 at a local bootsale in the Uk:

Regards
Luke
Last edited by Lukmas on Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Nice find for only three quid! It's good to see other "budget Indys" around! :wink:

bink
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Really, you can't beat that price. I think you've hit the bottom of the barrel here. Good catch. :wink:
Lukmas
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Lukmas »

binkmeisterRick, what gear have you got on budget?

Regards
Luke
Zach R.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Zach R. »

I just got one of the last remaining pair of J Crew Ruggeds on my budget(well, compared to the Aldens anyway).
Pandora
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Pandora »

congratulations on this find!!!
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Lukmas wrote:binkmeisterRick, what gear have you got on budget?

Regards
Luke
Well, I do a lot of sifting about through thrift stores and antique shops, so I'm bound to come across something cheap sooner or later. Though my big gear items (Wested, Aldens, AdventureBilts, etc.) I've saved up for, I got my MKVII through another member in the Classifieds section. But for the real bargain stuff, I got my web belt for a couple bucks at a military surplus bin, I found several L.L. Bean Chinos for about three bucks each, and got a vintage military shirt for a single buck. I even found a Beaver Blend Brand hat at a Goodwill for 4 bucks and had it reblocked for an Indy styled fedora.

The gloves you can get cheap at almost any hardware store. My whip is a Winnrich "Indy On A Budget" 8' whip which is a great whip for the money. Mine is a prototype, so I got it a little cheaper. My whip holder I paid two bucks for at a Renaissance Faire years ago. It was sold as a mug/tankard holder, but it works just the same.

You can find about anything that will act as "close enough" gear (and even some authentic stuff) if you keep on the lookout. Search thrift stores, antique shops, flea markets, yard sales... sometimes you find the best deals out in the middle of nowhere.

You can see pics of some of my gear here:
http://public.fotki.com/binkmeisterRick/indy_gear/
including the hat I found and modified (it's the light brown one).

bink
Lukmas
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Lukmas »

WOW! You managed to get some great stuff on budget. Apart from the boots i think one of my best finds was a belt for £1!

(Sorry, the picture is a little dark)

Regards
Luke
Lukmas
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Lukmas »

Lol! The 'loathers' i was wearing in the screentest! Well that wasn't done in costume, but next time we film atleast i have decent boots!

Regards
Luke
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

binkmeisterRick wrote:
Lukmas wrote:binkmeisterRick, what gear have you got on budget?

Regards
Luke
Well, I do a lot of sifting about through thrift stores and antique shops, so I'm bound to come across something cheap sooner or later. Though my big gear items (Wested, Aldens, AdventureBilts, etc.) I've saved up for, I got my MKVII through another member in the Classifieds section. But for the real bargain stuff, I got my web belt for a couple bucks at a military surplus bin, I found several L.L. Bean Chinos for about three bucks each, and got a vintage military shirt for a single buck. I even found a Beaver Blend Brand hat at a Goodwill for 4 bucks and had it reblocked for an Indy styled fedora.

The gloves you can get cheap at almost any hardware store. My whip is a Winnrich "Indy On A Budget" 8' whip which is a great whip for the money. Mine is a prototype, so I got it a little cheaper. My whip holder I paid two bucks for at a Renaissance Faire years ago. It was sold as a mug/tankard holder, but it works just the same.

You can find about anything that will act as "close enough" gear (and even some authentic stuff) if you keep on the lookout. Search thrift stores, antique shops, flea markets, yard sales... sometimes you find the best deals out in the middle of nowhere.

You can see pics of some of my gear here:
http://public.fotki.com/binkmeisterRick/indy_gear/
including the hat I found and modified (it's the light brown one).

bink
Ive found myself that The salvation army stores have a really poor selection in way of hats, but the goodwill stores are full of them.
The web belts uasualy are always cheap, the military
stores around here uasuly have them for 1.50.
Regards,
Adam
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Finding stuff in most any thrift store can be a challenge. The trick is to visit these places often, look dillegently, and be paitent! Sometimes I find great stuff easily, other times I come out empty handed.

bink
Lukmas
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Lukmas »

Is a Goodwills a US charity shop?

Regards
Luke
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Yes Goodwill is a US phenomenan unfortunatly. I think all charity shops just vary depending where they are so search all of them and regularly - what has a poor selection one week could have a real gem the next week.

Ken
Zach R.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Zach R. »

You also want to hope it isn't of of those charity shops where the people that work there feel they have the right to pick out the best stuff and take it home with them instead of letting it be sold for a good cause.
Fedora jr.
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Fedora jr. »

My whip holder I paid two bucks for at a Renaissance Faire years ago.
Maryland Renaissance Faire!!!!!! I did the exact same thing, except mine cost four bucks, where's the fairness in that????
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Yep! That's the exact faire! Well, I bought mine easily five to ten years ago, so I'm sure things were a few bucks cheaper back then. :wink:

bink
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

Indeed, the Goodwill stores are a great place to find some Indy gear. The (wine color) Necktie to go with my blue suit and AB "Raiders" grey fedora. I picked up for a buck.