Dockers Indy Pants Alternative at COSTCO!!!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Dockers Indy Pants Alternative at COSTCO!!!

Post by Dr._J »

Hey all,

I just got back from my local Costco with what I believe to be excellent Raiders alternative pants. They are made by Dockers brand (Costco Item #445511) and are wrinkle-free, sueded heather, relaxed fit pants. They DO have pleats (the creases can be ironed out), but they also have PERFECT rear flap pockets! The color I bought is VERY close (sort of a light taupe) to the Noel Howard pants. They are a blend of cotton, poly and rayon. The best part is they are only $19.99!!! I bought one size up and got that "Indy Drape" over my Aldens. Sweeeet.....If you have a Costco near you and need a cheaper pair of Indy Pants, check it out!

Regards,

Dr. J
JohnNdy
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by JohnNdy »

How about some pics! Pants are the Holy Grail of my Indygear collecting...and I have tried anything and everything short of the NH pants (probably would have saved money if I just dished out the 150 in the first place...but anyway). I might just have to find a costco!

-John
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

I have a Sam's Club membership instead of Costco.

That said, I went to an actual Docker's store at the mall tonight. The guy told me that they used to make them with flaps over the back pockets but that it was an old design.

He then suggested calling 1-800-DOCKERS for more information. I haven't called yet but will continue to search over the weekend.

I.J.
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Dockers Indy Pants Alternative at COSTCO!!!

Post by Rixter »

Dr._J wrote:...and are wrinkle-free, sueded heather, relaxed fit pants....they also have PERFECT rear flap pockets! The color I bought is VERY close (sort of a light taupe) to the Noel Howard pants.
If you're referring to the DOCKERS® RECODE® Pleated Sueded Twill Pants olive heater, they aren't very close to the taupe color I'd be looking for, and although they do have rear flap pockets, they are smaller and not the same shape as HF's, but I guess they would do for that price.

http://www.us.dockers.com/fal02a/docker ... 4478601236

...and they are older and not sold online, so you'll have to call the (800) number which MAY help you, but as you can see for yourself, the color is not all that close to taupe IMO, none of the current Dockers are close to the taupe color you can get at LL Bean.

PS: If ur not talkin' bout this particular olive heater Pleated Sueded Twill Pant and seen some other older pair that I've not seen - nevermind! ;)