New Source for LC Tie

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Dakota_Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

New Source for LC Tie

Post by Dakota_Jones »

Just wanted to let you guys know, I think I found a good source for the LC Black Tie. Check out this address: http://www.supertrooper.com/miscdressacce.htm
It's a military supply catalogue. The link I put on here is to the miscellaneous dress uniform accessories. The first thing on the page is a solid black tie. It's military so you can't go wrong with the quality, of course it will be solid black(no little shiny patterns or anything) and the price is right at 10 bucks....I haven't checked yet but I don't know of any reason they wouldn't sell to average Jonses like us(average Joe's) :) Hope this helps someone out.
golpeo_rapidamente
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by golpeo_rapidamente »

Military made doesnt always equate super quality,most government contracts get awarded to the cheapest supplier.Most stuff made for private purchase(for soldiers to purchase from personal funds are built a lot better.Just my 2 cents.
Dakota_Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dakota_Jones »

That's true but on the other hand they wouldn't just buy junk either. I actually work in a small military surplus store so I see a lot of military stuff come through, both gov't issue and copies and you can really tell the difference in quality between immitation military gear and the stuff that meets military specs. In any case this place is just a catalog of a retailer that is sent to guys in the Army...hope that helps.
golpeo_rapidamente
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by golpeo_rapidamente »

Hmmm
Small world i manage a retail store in Melbourne and we make stuff for soldiers
www.platypusoutdoors@bigpond.com
and for a picture of my rugged chin
http://www.platypusoutdoors.com.au/serv03.htm
We dont do surplus we sell to the army
check us out
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Well...

Post by Michaelson »

...I purchased mine at J.C. Penny, and it was a match to Sergei's LC tie purchased from NH when we compared 'notes' on the QM last May. Mine cost 9 dollars. Regards. Michaelson
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Don't forget Wal-Mart. They have a nice black tie too.