MKVII Anyone?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

MKVII Anyone?

Post by Jonesy »

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 1567729033

Here's a repro on eBay if anyone needs one.
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

Are you selling that? Or is that just something you found on Ebay?
I want to know cos there are certain rules for this on this board. Just want to make sure and sorry for nitpicking... :lol:

Kind regards

Doctor Jones
Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jonesy »

I'm not selling it. It's one of the What Price Glory Bags.

I know the rules! If I was selling it, I would have put it under classifieds. :lol:
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

Ah, so it is within the rules to post something like that in this section. Good to know. :lol: But I won't post my Ebay gear hunting in here like I've done in the past. "Ebay Indy" is no more.... :wink:

Kind regards

Doctor Jones
Dakota_Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dakota_Jones »

As for me, I could care less who's selling it, I do wonder though if you guys think these repro's are good bags. I got two original bags that are in somewhat rough condition but they were only 15 bucks together so it was a good deal. I really like them and since I got them, I have been thinking about trying out one of the new repro's with the leather strap :!:

Whaddayathink?
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

Dakota,

I've never owned an original. I was going to get one first but Noel told me in an e-mail that he couldn't guarantee a color (green, tan, mustard) or the absence of an odor. He said I should air it out if it stank.

Well, not wanting to deal with all that, I just got a WPG bag shortly before discovering IndyGear and I must admit, I really love the thing. I've taken it on several hiking trails (class 2 but no class 3 yet) and put a lot of things in it while hiking. You know you gotta have a water bottle, deck of cards, SHEATHED knife [you don't want the material to get cut or it will unravel quickly--see other threads (no pun intended) in this section], Wells Lamont gloves, flash light, first aid kit, you get the picture!
I tell you the contents b/c a few Gearheads have had the stitching snap under to much weight. I have not had this happen to me nor have other Gearheads--again, see other earlier threads.

At half the price of the an origial from Noel Howard, I think it's a good deal but again, I have never owned an original.

I wish you the best!
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

Hey Dakota, I think the WPG is certainly worth it. I have 6 MKVII's and 2 MKVI's that I use for certain purposes. Most are in excellent shape, but I tell you that WPG repro is excellent. The only bummer is the strap. The buckle is off and color of the leather have much to be desired. Short of dying the strap, I couldn't get it to darken up with anything I had. So my advice is to get a Lee Keppler bag strap.

-Sergei
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

Man, I think it's funny that people feel the need to monitor what others post, then they don't even know the rules! We have moderators that take care of that stuff.

I've got a bag from Noel and a WPG bag. I never cared for the strap that came with the WPG bag and so I switched straps. Then I ordered a strap from Lee Keppler. It's all good now.

The WPG bag is very nice. It holds my camera, Bino's, gloves, flashlight and more. Plus it's very well made and looks like it will last a life time.

I prefer to keep the Noel bag inside and use the heck out of my WPG bag.
The Noel bag is nice and I know nothing could really happen to it, but I got the WPG bag to use, so that's the way I do it.

If you get any of these bags and it has the screw type fastener on the bag strap, I'd have it replaced. Go to a shoe repair place and have him attach a rivet. The screw type is great until the screw falls out, then you are the one that's screwed.
Dakota_Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dakota_Jones »

Lol, thanks for the advice guys. Sounds like the wpg bag is a good bag. One thing I am interested in, in this bag, is the strap. I see that it is not especially accurate but is it useable? It's not like that cheap immitation leather that cracks and all that stuff is it? I mean in other words, should I stick with my rough-looking originals and find a leather dog leash or something similar or should I just save them and buy one of these wpg bags with the strap? Never hurts to add to the collection, right?
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

The leather strap itself is fine. It won't wear out, or anything. I couldn't live with the gold buckle on it though. But, that's just me.
Dakota_Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dakota_Jones »

Yeah, that would drive you nuts...how about strap configuration? Did they set it up right?
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

The strap itself is fine. Good leather and all that stuff. Like I said, for me the gold buckle bugged me. If it wasn't for that, I would never have replaced it.
jaydoc1
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by jaydoc1 »

That and the WPG bag strap is more orange than anything. My turn to give Lee Keppler a plug: His strap/buckle is awesome. That's what I hang my WPG on.

Jaydoc
Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jonesy »

Same here Jaydoc!!

My wpg original bag hangs on a Keppler ToD Strap!!! I couldn't be happier!