Wested arrived! World record delivery??

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Wested arrived! World record delivery??

Post by Feraud »

I ordered my first Wested on January 20th. I have read the time of arrival for Westeds are approximately 28 days. Arrived this morning on 2/5/2005 is my package from Wested! That is 16 days from England to New York? Not that I am complaining. :)

Here are some more pictures.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/ ... ure032.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/ ... ure033.jpg
I asked for the Raiders jacket. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/ ... ure043.jpg
Authentic Brown Lambskin requested: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/ ... ure044.jpg
X-box stitching and dark metal rectangular sliders as requested. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/ ... ure042.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/ ... ure037.jpg

I am a happy camper to say the least. It took me so long to feel comfortable enough with the measurments we took to 'jump in' and order the jacket! The fit and feel is excellent! The sleeves are a bit longer than I feel comfortable with. I would consider having a tailor with leather experience adjust 'em. I'll wait a while and wear it to get comfortable before I decide on that. The back length is absolutely perfect!! I cannot stop smiling at how much I like this jacket!

Oh, and the wife loves the jacket. She gives it a big :tup::tup:
I would like to thank Peter and his crew for an excellent jacket! I would also like to thank you all here who continuously contribute comments and observations regarding the jacket. You have all made my choice a lot easier! Thanks! :wink:
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

That's pretty quick, yes.

Re: the sleeve length, yes, it's a good thing not to mess with them just yet, as the sleeves will shorten naturally as you wear the jacket and it creases up around the elbows, etc. So just hold that thought for now...
Crusader556
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Crusader556 »

Looks great, CONGRATS!!! :D
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Aw, you ****! ;-) I ordered a Wested jacket for my girlfriend in late December, and it still hasn't arrived yet!
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Congratulations Feraud,
It looks great. I love that authentic lamb. It is so soft and such a great color and drape. Enjoy!
Lao Feng
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Lao Feng »

Lookin' Good! Congrats. Great color!
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

Thanks all.
Hemingway Jones wrote:Congratulations Feraud,
It looks great. I love that authentic lamb. It is so soft and such a great color and drape. Enjoy!
Hemingway you are correct. The feel and color are excellent! I am very happy with the choice of color and leather.

I have started contemplating my next 'gear' buy. Hmmm...Aldens, Adventurebuilt or a nice whip to play with. So much gear, so little time! :wink:
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Let me help you with that, Feraud: Adventurebilt all the way! Excellent jacket, excellent hat, and you are all set. :wink: :D
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

Hemingway Jones wrote:Let me help you with that, Feraud: Adventurebilt all the way! Excellent jacket, excellent hat, and you are all set. :wink: :D
Yes, I thought that would be the answer! :lol: I think I am going to go for the Adventurebuilt. I like what I have seen and read about 'em.
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

I love mine so much, I can't even tell you. I am getting ready to buy another. The bash and styling on the Rabbit felt hat that Fedora posted is amazing. He can truly do whatever you ask for, even the bulges and reverse tapers. Amazing.
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Anyone want to agree or disagree with the advice I gave in response to Feraud's situation...?
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

Anyone want to agree or disagree with the advice I gave in response to Feraud's situation...?
I guess it depends on how long they are. I wouldn't touch it if it's touching the second thumb knuckle.
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

I think long is good. The sleeves bunch up after time. It is better too long than too short. There is nothing worse than raising your arms to drive and you sleeve is halfway up your forearm. That looks terrible.
So, I'm with you, Rob.
Deadlock
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Deadlock »

:shock: HOLY SMOKES!

I ordered my Wested on January 24th. I hope that I can also partake in this record-breaking speed from Wested. [-o<
Shiva
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Shiva »

No question about it, get the Adventurebilt. That hat never leaves my head!
Oh,and better sleeves a bit too long than too short. If they are a touch too long you won't even notice it in a short while. I agree completely with Rob on that one.
Deadlock
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Deadlock »

Just to let you know... I WAS able to get in on the record-breaking speed from Wested.

I ordered my jacket on January 24th, it arrived here in Iowa EXACTLY two weeks later!!!! \:D/ I was (and still am) ecstatic. It was everything I'd hoped for. Now that COW is back, pics to follow!
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

Congrats! Wested seems to be on a roll. You've got me record beat by a couple of days and quite some distance!

Can't wait to see pics.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Dayam. Looks like I gotta get a new avatar now. :x
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

Don't bother, I'll switch!
:wink: