Shoulder measurement.

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Shoulder measurement.

Post by Feraud »

One of the posts I have read includes a 'shoulder to shoulder' measurement. I have a couple of questions about this if anyone could answer.
Wested's website does not require this, correct? If you did send Wested this measurement, how did you do it?
Is the 'shoulder to shoulder' measurement a straight line or does it curve up to include the base of the neck?

Any info. is greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

This is the measurement I supplied.

I would give as much information as possible. The more the better.

Pyr.
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

This measurement is quit different from any tailor I’ve been to, and is also different from the way it’s indicated at G&B.

http://www.flightsuits.com/leather_measure.html

But I’m sure if Pyroxene has used those measurements for his Wested’s, it is correct. But being the 'cautious' guy that I am, I would have both measurements taken and drawn onto a diagram OR include one of the many pictures of the jacket itself here on C.O.W. or IndyGear (front or back, or pockets, collar, whatever...) and draw your measurements on it along with a verbal description.
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

My wife is amused as I measure and re-measure myself. She cannot wait for me to finally place my order!

Thanks for the replies!
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

Feraud,
Definately make sure you send this measurement, especially if you have a smaller waist (30-32). Im not sure what size you are, but sometimes a taper in the jacket is necesarry to get a proper fit.

Good luck

I J
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

I see your point, IndianaJames. Thanks.
lowmileage
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by lowmileage »

Feraud wrote:My wife is amused as I measure and re-measure myself. She cannot wait for me to finally place my order!
Ditto here on that one :lol:
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

Well I have been fussing around like an expectant mom regarding my Wested order. I want everything to be perfect. I think I am going to place my order tomorrow.

I am going to be a nervous as heck when I pick up that phone! :)
Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

The conversation will go very quick too, and when you are done, you'll think you left something out, forgot to ask a question....just take your time, write it all out if you have to..they were very patient with my questions.
Crusader556
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Crusader556 »

Faraud,

I actually emailed my order to Wested using their online ordering page as a guide. I then added all my measurements, even the ones they didn't ask for, and then I called them to discuss my order and my options.

That worked out really well for me because they had a hard copy of my order with all the options I wanted and I didn't have to worry if they remembered what we talked about over the phone.

I too was nervous when I placed my order, my jacket was the first piece of custom clothing I've ever orderded not to mention that I don't normally purchase outside the US. I didn't know what to expect but it all worked out nice and smooth. The hardest part was waiting for the jacket... :lol: