Bag and Strap

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Bag and Strap

Post by FloatinJoe »

Well, I just got my MKVII in the mail today. Excellent bag. I wish I had one of these years ago, even before I knew it was Indy Gear. The bag is in what appears to be excellent condition. I have a new set of markings to be added to the gear page. The bag was manufactured by Whiteley's Equipment and Supply Ltd. and has the marking of:
VII
WHITELEY'S

These are the second set for this company.

I will get pics posted as soon as I get a chance to borrow the camera from work.

As for an Indy strap, I have a Keppler ordered.

Is there a good way to remove the original strap with as little damage to the strap as possible? I'd like to keep it in as good condition as possible.

Mike
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

:? I think everyone has just been cutting the strap....By the way, where did you purchase this bag? Oh, and while were on bags, anyone know if that dirtbag in LV has come down from $70 e. ?
Cheers!
morgan
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by morgan »

Where did you get it from? I think MBA only stock W&G bags which is why they have less then ten left.

morgan
FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by FloatinJoe »

morgan,
I picked it up on ebay for $22 + shipping putting it around $30.00

Mike
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Like I keep saying...

Post by Michaelson »

...keep turning those rocks over. These kind of deals are still out there, and can be found if you keep at it! Regards. Michaelson
indy_guitarist
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by indy_guitarist »

have i missed something. doesn't noel howard still sell them for 40 bucks? maybe i've been out of the loop too long. weird.
morgan
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by morgan »

Noel sells the used ones (all he has left) for about £40 with out P&P, that must be about $50. Supply and demand.

Looks like WPG is the future of the indy bag. I hope some other suppliers start getting into the MkVII repros to give us a bit more choice, I wonder if Noel is thinking of starting repros?

morgan
Tollan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Tollan »

A little birdy tells me that Noel Howard is looking for a new supplier for UNISSUED MK VII bags. I don't know when this might be but keep a look out though!!!

Cheers,
Tollan
morgan
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by morgan »

He be luckly, I've searched the internet and all the WWII stores I could find and they have nothing.

morgan