MBA shirt vs. Maytag....

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

IndyNorth
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

MBA shirt vs. Maytag....

Post by IndyNorth »

I think the update shirts page is excellent for comparisons, but I do have a couple of questions about the Raiders shirt.

1. Do they shrink?
2. Has anyone tried to wash his shirt a couple of dozen times before wearing? I believe that the color discrepancy may have to do with the fact that screen-used shirts were pre-distressed by relentless washing, among other methods. I believe that this may be why the new shirts are "not quite correct" color-wise.

Thanks.

North.
geordie jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

mba shirt

Post by geordie jones »

I am currently in the process of redying my mba shirt, to date it has been on a couple of boil washes to rinse out old colour, there is no shrinkage that I can see. I have tried it back on and still fits nice. With living in the UK I cannot get a hold of the dyes and stuff that has been mentioned on the main page, so I am needing to experiment to try and get a similar result. I will post results and pics once I have done the job.
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

My shirt in the process of experimenting with the dedyeing has been thru at least 6 boils and 10 hot water washes. Only this last tim does it seem the shoulders may have tightened up alittle.

Your right about the color discrepency (sp). The film shirts were probably the same color. You can tell in scenes light on the sub. Definately a darker color. In the desert stuff, the shirts were probably put the heck and back and i heard the film was shot rather high contrast.

It ws never said the shirt color was wrong. Its just that "brand new" they don't look accurate to what you see on film, hence the redye process.

hope that helps.

Dalexs
IndyNorth
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by IndyNorth »

Thanks Dalexs.

Hey, can you phoenetically spell "Dalexs"? Is it 'Dale....excess'? Or is it like Alex but with a D (like the bad guys in Dr. Who)? Been buggin' me for months....lol

north
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

That's funny, I've wondered the same thing. Yeah Dalex, I'm curious too.
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

IndyNorth wrote:Thanks Dalexs.

Hey, can you phoenetically spell "Dalexs"? Is it 'Dale....excess'? Or is it like Alex but with a D (like the bad guys in Dr. Who)? Been buggin' me for months....lol

north
We had this discussion a while back...

this should answer it...
FWIW the the name is an acronyn for my 5 year olds full name.

Dalexs