Question: K-Mart Shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Question: K-Mart Shirt

Post by Pyroxene »

Has anyone found the K-Mart shirts that are featured on the shirt site? I have found a short sleeve version that I like but no long sleeve. They just don't carry them here in Texas (I guess). I am hoping that as it colder, they will appear on the racks. In the meantime, anyone seen them? I might like make a deal for a couple.

Just wondering.
rick5150
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by rick5150 »

I was wondering the same thing! As soon as I had seen the K-Mart shirt in the "Shirts" section I went to about 7 local stores. I found quite a few short-sleeved shirts as well - one of them even has the pleats running down the front. I figured that with a jacket on, nobody would know the difference, but it has a zipper instead of buttons! The zipper is concealed beneath a flap with fake buttons (REAL buttons, but they do not work is a better way to put it.).

If you are just looking for a cheap imitation, I have purchased 8 of these shirts for under $20.00 :

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/showad ... m_id=53692

These are actual military shirts (used) and the sizes have the tendency to vary as do the colors. They do not fade to a color light enough to use Dalexs' techniques - the best I could come up with is a pinkish or yellowish. Looking at the Noel Howard shirts, the pink probably isn't too far off! (Hey, what do you want for $2.61 for two shirts?!) :wink:
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Awesome find but not my size. The search continues.
auntsugar
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Back at the workbench....tinkering--always tinkering.

Post by auntsugar »

Thanx for the heads up, I just bought a set. At that price, who cares if we don't get the color exact. At least we have inexpensive stunt doubles