Wested lead time? Now an order-problem question

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Wested lead time? Now an order-problem question

Post by Kokopelli »

Does anyone know what Wested’s current lead time is? …and is that specific to a particular jacket? - are they getting Destiny jackets out faster than others/ do they have dedicated people for specific lines???

***********UPDATE UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE. *******

I didn’t want to start a new thread, so I changed this one.

Order received- ‘Custom’ made Standard Raiders in lamb. Sz 40 with 25” back, 27” sleeves.

Looks great, sleeves are right on. Back feels just a tad short :anxious: I know my measurements on these jackets and how/where it should fit… so I got out my tape measure- back is 24.5” from bottom of collar stand. :-k

I got another tape measure to be sure- yep. 24.5”

I emailed Wested first to ask how is the back measured, and reply was “ bottom of collar stand to end measurement requested”.

How do you suggest I proceed? Their return page basically says the customs are non returnable. :(
Last edited by Kokopelli on Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Wested lead time??

Post by xmasters »

About 4 weeks I heard. Generally, Destiny jackets could be a bit longer.
Bennethon
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Bennethon »

I ordered a custom Last Crusade jacket from Wested in January. I’m in the USA. It arrived in about a month.
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Ok, thanks all, order’s away’
Standard Raiders in brown lamb, sz 42, 25” back, 27” sleeves.
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Shipping notice sent, delivery this Tuesday!!
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Wested lead time? Now an order-problem question

Post by Kokopelli »

*********UPDATE UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE. *******

I didn’t want to start a new thread, so I changed this one.

Order received- ‘Custom’ made Standard Raiders in lamb. Sz 40 with 25” back, 27” sleeves.

Looks great, sleeves are right on. Back feels just a tad short :anxious: I know my measurements on these jackets and how/where it should fit… so I got out my tape measure- back is 24.5” from bottom of collar stand. :-k

I got another tape measure to be sure- yep. 24.5”

I emailed Wested first to ask how is the back measured, and reply was “ bottom of collar stand to end measurement requested”.

How do you suggest I proceed? Their return page basically says the customs are non returnable. :(

- ok I emailed Wested with pictures of the measurements. I know 1/2” is not a big deal, but I did spend $350 for something and it should be what I ordered, right?
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Wested’s reply:

Hi Ron,

I have just checked everything for you and taken a look at the pictures.

Leather is a natural material as you know and so can move and stretch etc during production.

We do clearly state in the terms and conditions that we work within half inch tolerance due to the natural material we work with.

As you know the back length is within the tolerance then there is nothing we can do now I’m afraid.
And to be honest half inch is nothing in a back length as once the items are worn and drape you would not even notice this.
Hope that helps for now.

Regards,

Customer Services

Wested Leather Co Ltd
Dr. Jones, Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dr. Jones, Jr. »

Kokopelli wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:29 pm
And to be honest half inch is nothing in a back length as once the items are worn and drape you would not even notice this.
I love how they say this and yet you noticed it almost immediately ](*,) I understand what they're getting at but I'd be upset or at least frustrated if I were in your position too.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

I feel your frustration. I started adding 1/2" more than I want on backlength for recent orders. With the anticipation it might come under the length ordered, of course there have been one or two occasions when it came in over the length asked for. So then you have a too long back.
I'm thinking about this right now as I'm mulling over a new jacket.
Bennethon
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Bennethon »

I also had a recent experience with Wested where the delivered back length felt too short, and was less than I requested. Whole story here: https://www.indygear.com/cow/viewtopic. ... 30f0ac4292

Because you're within the "tolerances" they quote on their website, however, I am not sure if there's any recourse.

In my opinion, they should force new customers to work with them a little more when placing custom orders. If its your first time, and you don't know what you're doing, it's basically guesswork. I was reading the Wested website and forums and I still got it wrong.
makeitjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by makeitjones »

Could be worse - we had somebody bring a Wested Destiny jacket into our leather shop a few weeks ago where they'd managed to order it 3 inches too short!
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

I've been noticing a lot of these kinds of complaints lately. Reminds me of years ago -- I never really had a bad experience with Wested, but I swear it was like a 50/50 crapshoot back in the day with many people's orders. They seemed to really tighten up the operation a few years back before covid, but it seems to be coming apart again.