Glove colour

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Raider Of The Lost Ark
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Glove colour

Post by Raider Of The Lost Ark »

Is it just me / my tv, or do Indys gloves look more yellow, most of the time? I bought the Wells Lamont gloves over ten years ago. I can’t remember the number, but they have the reinforced palms. They are very yellow. More ‘recently’ I’ve come to appreciate that the gloves are actually very pale. Similar to RAF.pilot gloves.

Would gloves that are more yellow be acceptable for an ‘accurate’ Indy costume, or is the ‘pale colour provided by Wested Indy Magnoli the only colour to have? Now I did find a similar pair of gloves in my garden centre. The only ‘issue’ is they don’t have straight stitching across the top. They’re ’zig zag’.
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Glove colour

Post by IJJTM »

I think the yellow look has to do with the hot sun and sand bouncing yellow light onto it.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

See the thread below WTB WL gloves, find my post with the gloves.
The clean one is IM
The others are WL with no reinforced palm.
Some say the light colored ones are more SA, but the more goldfish ones have the M and if you look for it when he rolls over and say the infamous “snakes, why’d have to be snakes” you can see the M

Finding SA is probably impossible, but close enough like IM may be the best source, but there’s a lot of option threads in that thread.

Happy hunting.

Croft :mrgreen:
Raider Of The Lost Ark
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Raider Of The Lost Ark »

@ IJJTM I think you make a very good point there. I think you’ve probably hit the nail on the head.

@Indiana Croft Thanks. I did see that one, I think it was the top right pair, with the M that I liked the best. Have you weathered your IM gloves yet? I appreciate all the many differences that make up truly screen accurate gloves. I was just thinking specifically about the colour. The pale coloured gloves I have are not straight stitched at the wrist, but that’s hidden by the sleeves of my jacket. They are also floc lined, and you can’t see that either. I have some beautiful Iron & Resin gloves, made of Deer skin. I love that , after getting wet they don’t get hard and rough. However apart from the design being off, with an extra bit of leather on the palm, they are quite yellow. Likely too yellow to wear with the jacket.

All is good though. The pale colour of Wested and Indy Magnoli is the correct one. What ever my eyes try and tell me :lol:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

No not yet, but soon I’ll get the itch.
Haven’t even started wearing the yet.
While the IL have straight stitching, they are a little crunchy. And they must have removed the edging and replaced with there own, its sorta nylon in feel.

I’ll probably baby the last pair with the M. I’m mean all I do is were them, no yard work.
One pair RH the finger tips have a wholes on the index, sewed once but only lasted a while.

Croft :mrgreen: