Does anyone have both pairs of WPG Pants?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

agary7046
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Does anyone have both pairs of WPG Pants?

Post by agary7046 »

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the two different "lightweight" pants sold by WPG. Pants are the last item for my Budget ROTLA build.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Does anyone have both pairs of WPG Pants?

Post by JC1972 »

I'm also interested to see
Indiana_Nate
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana_Nate »

Same. I went back and forth on which ones to order. I ended up ordering the 2015 version but received a completely different pair of trousers instead. I’ve emailed WPG trying to rectify the situation but they haven’t responded. It’s getting a little frustrating.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

I few threads in this regard. I do not own any from WPG but have been tempted. I find it confusing on their website that there's no real description of the differences. :TOH:

I know (from previous comments in COW) one of them is considered to be heavier weight material, and thick where it is stitched- especially the waist. The other two are lighter weight, one a newer version. Looking at them, the difference is probably more in the colors used. I bought the older light weight pants and like them a lot.
http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=70966

I emailed WPG to ask the difference between the 2015 style and 2019 version. What I received back is this: 'Better fabric and color.' Short and sweet.
I recently ordered a new pair of the WPG pants and did not care for them. I have a pair of the WPG light pants that are no longer available. I found the new ones to be very different from the older ones. The color was different. The button fly was longer and the crotch and seat area seemed significantly baggier. I prefer a trimmer cut. I returned the pants......Regarding the color of the new WPG pants...they are closer to the Wested color in the pic at the top of the post. They more brownish. The older WPG were closer to the other pairs of pants in the pic. I prefer the older color but that is just me. It is not based on screen accuracy. I am not an expert in that area.
url]http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=69659[/url]