Wested LC Standard

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

baddates1
Vendor

Wested LC Standard

Post by baddates1 »

Greetings y'all,

Btw, thank you guys for the help on the A-2 Pilot Jacket. Went with Wested, and they've been excellant in communication :D

Now in this topic, I'm interested in acquiring a Wested LC Standard in Goatskin. A few questions: I'm a size 44, should I get a 46? I own a Gibson & Barnes (beautifully made) which is a size 44, but the sleeves are about 1 inch short. Not sure if I should step up the size when ordering this one... I decided on the LC as I want to use it in the Winter and want the space to layer up without feeling fat :lol:

2nd, does anyone have pics of the Wested LC in Goatskin? I want to see how it looks in someone else's hands.
Thee
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Wested LC Standard

Post by Thee »

I don't think I would size up with a crusade jacket as I have heard it is a slightly roomier fit to begin with. If you do choose to go custom you might as well go with the crusade hero as it is the same price and similar fit but with a few SA tweaks.
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

I don't have one in goat, mine is novapelle. But in my experience the fit isn't any "roomier" than the standard Raiders, but granted mine is also like the heaviest skin. My Wested Raiders goat actually fits the roomiest, but the lighter weight and unique sort of tensile strength of goat seems to make it less "clingy" than all my other Indy jackets. Personally I'm trepidatious about sizing up, unless you tend to be on the big end of your size and your clothes are usually tight when you first get them. Or if you were planning on water treating it or something else that can shrink it. But if you are planning on layering a lot then sizing up might be a good idea. The chest is hard to say since it's so different for everyone, but their sizing in my experience is pretty dead on in that regard. But the jacket will hang on the shoulders differently from the G&B or Wested's Raiders etc. It tends to sit higher, so if you want it to reach the same spot as your G&B then you would likely have to add a little length.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

baddates1 wrote: I'm a size 44, should I get a 46?
Only size up if your gut measurement is larger than your chest measurment and you want to be able to zip up the jacket.