New Member Display

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

agary7046
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

New Member Display

Post by agary7046 »

Hey everyone!

I recently joined the forum and I'm excited about the amount of information about everything Indiana Jones related!

Thought it would be appropriate to post my display along with some thoughts. Everything is very recently acquired, and judging by how much time I have spent looking through things on this forum, I am sure my collection will be growing soon. I am buying a lot of this stuff to incorporate into my life so that it gets a natural wear from my personal use of everything.

So far I have the following:

Fedora- Federation Deluxe
-What a great hat! That personalized note really made the service feel above and beyond, and sizing information from one of the posts here really helped me out, so thanks!

Whip- Deluxe Bullwhip by Magnoli Clothiers
-I posted a review of this already, another great item!

Satchel and strap-WPG
-I decided to go with an authentic MKVII. The strap and bag look great and I can't wait to get some use out of them.

Holster and gun belt-WPG
-They are both lightly colored as stated in other posts, but again I want to have them naturally change with age. Unfortunately the gun belt has the whip holder that is "permanently" attached, but it started to come apart on the first day. I superglued it and it seems to be holding.

Finally, I have a grail diary style journal that I fill with drawings and information about my travels.

Side note, I decided to go with Red Wing Boots, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Indy was supposed to be rocking them, but Harrison wanted to stick with his trusty Aldens. If anyone could confirm or deny that I would love to hear about it.

If you have any questions or comments I would greatly appreciate them!

:TOH:
Attachments
IMG_1471.jpeg
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: New Member Display

Post by Canyon »

Firstly, welcome to Club Obi Wan. :TOH:

Information on Red Wings vs Aldens can be found on the main page. Here is a link:
http://www.indygear.com/igboots.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:mrgreen:

Your gear looks excellent. :clap: Looking forward to seeing a picture of you wearing the whole ensemble. ;)
agary7046
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by agary7046 »

Canyon wrote:Firstly, welcome to Club Obi Wan. :TOH:

Information on Red Wings vs Aldens can be found on the main page. Here is a link:
http://www.indygear.com/igboots.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:mrgreen:

Your gear looks excellent. :clap: Looking forward to seeing a picture of you wearing the whole ensemble. ;)
That's exactly where I heard it years ago, didn't think to check there. Thanks!
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

You're well on your way! And you're right -- this forum is a great place to find out about Indy gear and read a variety of opinions on the many options we're fortunate to have these days.

Don't feel shy about asking questions -- this is a helpful, friendly group (as I found out when I started gathering my own gear several years ago).

Do you have your eye on any particular jacket yet? :-k
agary7046
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by agary7046 »

Howard Weinstein wrote:You're well on your way! And you're right -- this forum is a great place to find out about Indy gear and read a variety of opinions on the many options we're fortunate to have these days.

Don't feel shy about asking questions -- this is a helpful, friendly group (as I found out when I started gathering my own gear several years ago).

Thanks!

If I’m being honest, the jacket will probably be the last thing I get. I live in Florida and it is just too hot most of the year. When I do decide to get one I’m trying to get the cheapest nice stuff if that makes sense. So the best budget option, not too worried about accuracy but I still want something that can take a beating.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

To echo others, welcome aboard.

You definitely have a good foundation of gear started.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

agary7046 wrote:
Howard Weinstein wrote:You're well on your way! And you're right -- this forum is a great place to find out about Indy gear and read a variety of opinions on the many options we're fortunate to have these days.

Thanks!

If I’m being honest, the jacket will probably be the last thing I get. I live in Florida and it is just too hot most of the year. When I do decide to get one I’m trying to get the cheapest nice stuff if that makes sense. So the best budget option, not too worried about accuracy but I still want something that can take a beating.
Yes, "best budget option" -- the best you can comfortably afford -- makes perfect sense. And it's true that a leather jacket in FL might not get much wear (how DID Indy wear that in steamy jungles??).

You probably already noticed the Cairo Bazaar among the sections here. It's a good place to look for gear items like jackets, shirts, and pants.
agary7046
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by agary7046 »

Howard Weinstein wrote:
agary7046 wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, "best budget option" -- the best you can comfortably afford -- makes perfect sense. And it's true that a leather jacket in FL might not get much wear (how DID Indy wear that in steamy jungles??).

You probably already noticed the Cairo Bazaar among the sections here. It's a good place to look for gear items like jackets, shirts, and pants.
So far I think US Wings is my best option. I don’t think I have access to the bazaar quite yet, but I’ll keep an eye out for it.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

If you are looking to manage your budget, especially for a jacket you won't wear often, definitely check the secondary markets. Nearly every jacket I own, Indy or otherwise, I've gotten 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) hand. I've never been disappointed and I've saved a ton off retail pricing.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
agary7046
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by agary7046 »

Indiana Jeff wrote:If you are looking to manage your budget, especially for a jacket you won't wear often, definitely check the secondary markets. Nearly every jacket I own, Indy or otherwise, I've gotten 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) hand. I've never been disappointed and I've saved a ton off retail pricing.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
That’s a great point. Once I get access to the Bazaar I will most likely go that route. It’s already a hobby of mine to give another life to old things, and a leather jacket would be a great opportunity for that!

Thanks