MAX CADY Indy jacket?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

MAX CADY Indy jacket?

Post by Hammerklavier »

https://www.maxcady.com/selections/jonesjacket.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYM5ZB6ChHU&vl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone bought Indy jacket from them? Looks good quite good to me.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: MAX CADY Indy jacket?

Post by CM »

Last Crusade with Raiders pockets? It looks well made.
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Heyjude7 »

I own a max cady Fury jacket and it’s a well made jacket. They had good customer service too.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

Only one pic of their LC back In the video... D-rings and large yoke. Be nice to see how they do the Raiders jacket back. To me, that’s the real test. Looks like nice quality and considerable effort with the details, the above notwithstanding.
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

The jacket is bade in Pakistan, they claim the jacket is made based on movie.(I asked which model their jacket based on,I was thinking maybe it's wested or TN).
The price is around $360 and it is non-returnable, custom order is 10%.

I like the leather a lot, the color is accurate and looks thick enough for LC jacket, their antique cow leather is better for CS jacket.

AttyOzzy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by AttyOzzy »

When I saw the title of this thread, I was expecting to see Robert DeNiro wearing a leather jacket, chewing a cigar, and saying something about doing, "Fourteen years in a 4x9 cell with men who were less than human."

Anyway, never mind. :oops:
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

AttyOzzy wrote:When I saw the title of this thread, I was expecting to see Robert DeNiro wearing a leather jacket, chewing a cigar, and saying something about doing, "Fourteen years in a 4x9 cell with men who were less than human."

lol
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

With these sorts of offerings it is not always certain that the photo is of the jacket you are getting. A common ploy is to use someone else's worth jacket for your photos and sell junk. But I Cady may be more ethical than that.
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Heyjude7 »

CM wrote:With these sorts of offerings it is not always certain that the photo is of the jacket you are getting. A common ploy is to use someone else's worth jacket for your photos and sell junk. But I Cady may be more ethical than that.
With the Fury jacket, the jacket was exactly like the photo. every detail there. Jus saying.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

CM wrote:With these sorts of offerings it is not always certain that the photo is of the jacket you are getting. A common ploy is to use someone else's worth jacket for your photos and sell junk. But I Cady may be more ethical than that.
They are solid. Not one of the type of vendors you refer to.

The pictures look decent. Not the most screen accurate, but not bad, you'll get a well manufactured jacket and the leather's probably decent.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

The LC one looks like a copy of the Wested LC/CS. ie. Double seam arm holes and overstitched hem at the bottom of the jacket. Not seen a pic of the insides, if it has facings then that confirms it.

The Raiders looks a repro of their basic Raiders too with the tall pockets.
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

Kt Templar wrote:The LC one looks like a copy of the Wested LC/CS. ie. Double seam arm holes and overstitched hem at the bottom of the jacket. Not seen a pic of the insides, if it has facings then that confirms it.

https://www.maxcady.com/selections/indyjacket.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am afraid that you are right, looks like they also sell Wested indy??

The photos of actual jacket they sold before https://imgur.com/a/kOpy327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Hammerklavier wrote:
Kt Templar wrote:The LC one looks like a copy of the Wested LC/CS. ie. Double seam arm holes and overstitched hem at the bottom of the jacket. Not seen a pic of the insides, if it has facings then that confirms it.

https://www.maxcady.com/selections/indyjacket.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am afraid that you are right, looks like they also sell Wested indy??
Weird, I do know there used to be a guy who would bulk buy Westeds to resell in Japan, nothing wrong with that as long as they weren't undercutting the UK retail price, which I'm sure they are not. Some Japanese collectors are happier buying from a Japanese language site, the others might even be them overlabelling Westeds though I have no idea why you would do that. If he's set up his own production line then... well everyone tries that eventually.
afalzon
Vendor

Post by afalzon »

https://www.top884.com/product/2278" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

look at the price of that
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

afalzon wrote:https://www.top884.com/product/2278

look at the price of that
Breathtaking... agreed. ~$1850 US :shock:
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

AttyOzzy wrote:When I saw the title of this thread, I was expecting to see Robert DeNiro wearing a leather jacket, chewing a cigar, and saying something about doing, "Fourteen years in a 4x9 cell with men who were less than human."

Glad I'm not the only one. But I am old enough to imagine DeNiro and Mitchum.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one. But I am old enough to imagine DeNiro and Mitchum.
I'm old enough to remember when it was a novel called The Executioners.