Wested Boots

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

IndyRich
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Wested Boots

Post by IndyRich »

Hi all
I need a little advise. I bought a pair of the Wested Adventurer boots in a UK 10 when they first started offering them. From day one they always Felt too tight and had foot pain when wearing for a prolonged time. But stuck with them as thought they needed breaking in.
I’ve recently dug them out of a box and thought I’d give them another go, but to no avail

It wasn’t until today that I noticed something about the sizing printed on the tong. EU44, USA9, UK10.

This seems a little odd as US sizes are normally larger than UK. I’m wondering if these where labeled up incorrectly in the factory and are actually a UK9, US10

Looking to purchase another pair in a UK10 once they are restocked, but if anyone has a pair in a UK10/US11, could you check what sizes are printed on the tong?
Attachments
F3F5F141-D211-4BCB-9ECD-12C6F928D900.jpeg
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Wested Boots

Post by Indy Magnoli »

No experience with these but the Euro size and the UK size seem to match up... which should make these about a size 10.5 US. Strange indeed. Probably best to just e-mail Wested directly and ask them.
IndyRich
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Wested Boots

Post by IndyRich »

Thanks Magnoli. I emailed Wested prior to posting on the board. They replied soon after saying that the sizing looked a little odd, and blamed it on a manufacturing error. They advised that I wait and order a 10 when the next batch was available. Was a little bummed at this, as they could of at least offered a small discount, but hay-ho, worse thing happen at sea.

I took the plunge a couple of night back, and in a Jack Daniels fuelled haze, I ordered a UK11/US12. They came the other day, and although they felt like steel at first, after a quick water bath, they are now starting to feel extremely comfy (pictured). It appears that these boots tend to run at least half a size smaller than labelled.

My first pair are now for sale on the bay of e (114247497188). If anyone Stateside is interested then drop me a PM. I'll attempt to get you a decent shipping quote.
Attachments
IMG_9985.JPG
IMG_E9984.JPG