Long time listener, first time caller...

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

The_Edge
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The_Edge »

Legend has it that many moons ago some fella had access to a stunt jacket used in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark.' He gave his notes to a company now known as Gibson & Barnes. Unfortunately, he passed away some time ago. His ghost still roams these halls though.
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

Welcome aboard!

Let me steer you in the right direction. I have an excellent buy in a Rubberhide, stretchable from a 42 to 48 M/L for that perfect fit and comes with tear away sleeves for that distressed look and includes a scissors and Xacto knife to cut and shape the collar to either the vaunted Raiders style or just keep it as an LC jacket. I can also make it any color you wish according to our local Sherwin Williams oil or latex chart. Since you are a first time caller I will include free of charge, a zipper for those times when the weather dictates a bit more protection. Email me and we can work out something.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Uh, Kyle, if we move slowly behind this guy, maybe you can tackle him low, me high, and us quietly get him out of here before he hurts somebody, or himself..... :shock: :D :wink: Regards. Michaelson

CHANGE IN PLANS! I just read Rixter's reply. Maybe I'll tackle _, YOU tackle Rixter, and we'll try to get them BOTH to the truck.... :whip: :D
Last edited by Michaelson on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

That's a tough one, but I know of a member who could steer you towards the 'best' hat? If memory serves, it also comes with a nifty Indy pin, but don't hold me to that. :wink:

Good to see ya back.

Mike
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

Hey Rush… Long time listener, first time caller...

Mega-Gearhead Fedora wearing dittos from the Live-Free or Die state just north of what we call up here: Mexachusetts.

First off, the reason I called. What’s the deal with the Democrats imploding? First Howard Dean-key (Hee Haw… Hee-Haw) and not John “I did not have an affair with that woman” Kerry. Folks were besides themselves because Kerry was “Clinton-Lite”, now after checking out Drudge’s website… he’s just like Clinton with a service record. What’s next? John Edwards? At the rate they’re falling, Dennis Kasinitch might actually stand a chance if he can pull in more then just the space cadet crowd.

Hey, since I’m in the neighborhoods talking about the Democraps, Rush… why can’t they just drop the issue about the 2000 election? Enough with the “Bush was selected and not elected” nonsense. If it wasn’t for Ralph “Darth” Nader… Gore could have won. How come they don’t bash Nader enough? What’s up with that?

Second Issue: None of the Candidates have a platform to run on. It's all about the hatred of Bush. Every single last one of them are weak on issues but strong on "Bashing Bush". That's going to cost them. Dean imploded… the only way John Edwards (A virtual no-body) is going to get ahead if he ignores the "Bush-Bashing" and starts to focus on issues and demonstrates his ability to lead by opening up his stands on issues in the past.

Saddam had tools and material that he wasn't supposed to have. There's no arguing that. During the war it was constantly reported on Foxnews.com AND CNN.com that they found tools that he was FORBIDEN to have.

"Oh, but I don't have the WEAPONS of mass destruction... I just have the tools to make them... just in case." Why wasn't THAT point sold? There were about 15 UN resolutions against him... and nobody was enforcing them. It’s as if the UN was saying: “Oh, he's being a bad boy again... lets just pass another resolution calling him a bad man.” Resolutions don't do a thing unless there is action behind them.” I don't thing for a minute that the UN has the best interests of the world in mind. I think it's a make-work project for international political hacks.

Anyway… Rush… I gotta go. Thanks for listening. Mega Dittos on the EIB network… Excellence in Broadcasting indeed!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

FINAL CHANGE IN PLANS! Kyle, I just read Renderkings post. Forget these guys, just get Mike in the truck, then the three of us will go fishing and let THEM sort it all out! #-o :wink: Regards. Michaelson
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I don't know if I can go fishing until I change my avatar back... and as long as you promise I don't end up sleeping with the fishes. :wink:

OH!! I just thought of a line for _ that I'm surprised noone's said yet....

Holy smokes, my friend! I'm so pleased you're not dead!

Mike
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

:-)

Your good buddy, Sergei.
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Re: Long time listener, first time caller...

Post by Indiana Jess »

_ wrote:Hey - I'm in the market for an Indiana Jones jacket and don't know where to begin. Can anybody help me?
An Indiana Jones jacket? Why in the world would you even consider owning a piece of @#$% like that? I suggest you go with an authentic Hovitos loin cloth and then accent it with a red naugahyde Members Only jacket - now that's dressing with style (don't forget the white knee high athletic socks and Red Wing shoes) ...
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

He doesn't CARE how you dress, Jess, he needs advice on a jacket! :roll: :wink: Regards. Michaelson
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

One Word:

Windbreaker !

.....mmmmm smell the fear !

Preferrably Safety Orange for easy water rescue by snake loving pilots.

Cheers,

Oliver W. Holmes
Archduke of Pismo Beach :P
Michaelson
Knower of Things

TO the casual observer!

Post by Michaelson »

Can you tell we collectively don't like this '_' character? Pretty obvious, isn't it? :? :D :wink: High regards. Michaelson[/b]
Indiana Grendel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Long time listener, first time caller...

Post by Indiana Grendel »

Indiana Jess wrote:I suggest you go with an authentic Hovitos loin cloth...
Peter, if you're reading this, would this be something you'd want to get into? :lol:

Cheers!

IG
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

Michaelson, I think you're jealous of my fashion sense! :lol:

It's not that we don't like _ ... wait a minute ... yeah, you're right... we don't ... :wink:
Last edited by Indiana Jess on Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Ummm. Yeah, Jess. That's it, on BOTH counts. #-o :D Regards. Michaelson
Williamson
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Williamson »

It is amazing what happens on "Open line Friday"! You just never know who will turn up!(GRINS)Good to hear from you _. Hope all is well with you. Regards,Williamson
MK
Admin Emeritus

Post by MK »

*message deleted by the author*
Last edited by MK on Sat May 24, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koreana Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Koreana Jones »

_... I find that the Gollum loincloth is much more comfy than the Hovitos' one. More coverage without the wedgie! Come on by! GollumGear.com Its a great place!

Best Regards,
Jun
SOUTH-SIDE CHICAGO GILMER
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by SOUTH-SIDE CHICAGO GILMER »

Now that e-bay jacket is the one for me. I wonder if he'd be willing to locate a cotton version of it? Har Har!
FLATHEAD
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by FLATHEAD »

That guys description is pretty funny.

I make the MRRRRRRRR sounds too! But only when I have had a full
night of drinking, and the next day I empty myself on the toilet.... :shock:

Flathead
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Koreana Jones wrote: GollumGear.com Its a great place!

Best Regards,
Jun
That's funny.
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Dr Livingston, er,I mean _, I presume???

Post by Fedora »

_, the report of your demise was greatly exaggerated!! I still have and wear your old Wested un-predistressed cowhide jacket. Is it true that you actually distressed this jacket by dragging it behind your truck, with Michaelson in it?(the jacket, not the truck) :lol: Remember, we wear the same size in jackets, so...if you ever get the itch to sell one of those A-2's.... :wink: Fedora
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

Sergei wrote:Image
:-)

Your good buddy, Sergei.
You guys figure it all out on your own, I'm going to go have a "Royale with Cheese..." :wink:
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »