Wested Jacket Help

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

IndySmith-007
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Wested Jacket Help

Post by IndySmith-007 »

Hi all! I’ve decided I’m finally going to be getting a Wested. Definitely going to be going with a “Authentic” one and not a custom or Hero because the specs of the size 44 are perfect for my size. Only problem I’m having is deciding between lambskin or goatskin, and whether I want the Raiders or LC style. Love them both a lot. I live in San Diego, so I don’t need it to be too heavy as I only really need a jacket maybe two times out of the year here haha. I found a used goatskin one on eBay in my size for $249 with free shipping. (Link below) But a brand new one from Wested is $279 with shipping. But they are currently out of stock on the Raiders in both lamb and goat, but have the LC available. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Wested-Vintage-I ... SwHEhaAL7n" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Wested Jacket Help

Post by Photoss »

I live in San Diego also, and I wear my lambskin jackets probably at least a couple times a month or so. I wore my goatskin jacket all of one time last year, so that one definitely gets less use. I will say though, that if that ebay jacket in goat that you posted is in your exact measurements, you might consider getting it. Jackets I have bought from Wested have randomly been slapped with a DHL import fee, one of which was $60!!
IndySmith-007
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by IndySmith-007 »

Oh wow! That’s really good to know. How much heavier is the goat compared to the lamb? I’ve read that the goat gives off a color that’s more truer to how it’s seen in the movie. I contacted the seller ask if he’d lower the price since I’m his post he says it’s a few years old. I have no idea what they usually go for as far as selling them.
IndySmith-007
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by IndySmith-007 »

Just checked and got an email back from the seller. Then went to the page to finally pull the trigger on it and it said “item no longer available.” Looks like someone bought it from the time he replied to me to now. ](*,)