Duluth Trading Co. 30%-off sale - Indy MOTB cardigan?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Duluth Trading Co. 30%-off sale - Indy MOTB cardigan?

Post by Howard Weinstein »

Hey, for anybody who wanted to get the nice but expensive Duluth Trading "close-enough" Indy cardigan, they're having a 30%-off holiday sale...

Link: https://www.duluthtrading.com/search/se ... or=content" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
temple_runner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Duluth Trading Co. 30%-off sale - Indy MOTB cardigan?

Post by temple_runner »

I bought one from this company: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mens-SIZE- ... 1438.l2649

It's a higher blend of alpaca, which is a better quality wool than you're gonna get with Duluth. Plus, the price is better (more or less the same with the coupon). As for me, I don't like the inside design of the Duluth, either.

I think the Duluth design is nice, however, and would definitely make sense for a MOTB cardigan. Either way you'll be happy. Just thought I'd input my two cents.
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Temple Runner, I did see those on eBay, too, when I was looking for a "close-enough" cardigan a while back. I didn't get one because I had no idea of the quality, and didn't want to have to deal with cost of return shipping if I didn't like it. Sounds like you're happy with yours, though, so that's an endorsement.

I ended up getting a much-less expensive (and machine washable) cotton cardigan from Jos A. Banks during one of their random clearance sales (which I also posted here for those who might be interested). Good enough for me.

I figured the Duluth sale might be of interest since some of the COW gang have purchased the Duluth cardigan and posted theirs on the forum.

This time of year, there are probably quite a few "close enough" cardigan choices at various price ranges. And Christmas sales are typically followed by...clearance sales! :)
car96
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by car96 »

I went to my local Jos A Bank and they not only had none in stock they couldn't bring the cardigan up on their website.

The salesman really tried hard to find it, but appeared to have never seen it in their store.

I tried at home looking on their website and couldn't get the item to load; it would take you to an error page even though it shows up as a similar item upon clicking on the 'cardigan' link on their page.
InexorableTash
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by InexorableTash »

Duluth ones are lovely but run quite large. Between that and living in the Bay Area I never wear mine.
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

car96 wrote:I went to my local Jos A Bank and they not only had none in stock they couldn't bring the cardigan up on their website.

The salesman really tried hard to find it, but appeared to have never seen it in their store.

I tried at home looking on their website and couldn't get the item to load; it would take you to an error page even though it shows up as a similar item upon clicking on the 'cardigan' link on their page.
Jos A Bank's website appears to be running out of the cardigan styles they've had on sale for a while. And what they do have left is inexplicably hard to find. I couldn't find anything remaining in brown. :cry:
Nosirrah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Nosirrah »

Howard Weinstein wrote:
car96 wrote:I went to my local Jos A Bank and they not only had none in stock they couldn't bring the cardigan up on their website.

Jos A Bank's website appears to be running out of the cardigan styles they've had on sale for a while. And what they do have left is inexplicably hard to find. I couldn't find anything remaining in brown. :cry:
Hmmm... MOTB = "Mystery of the Browns" :-k
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Mystery of the Blues, the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV show episode in which HF made a cameo appearance. He wears a cardigan.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Nosirrah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Nosirrah »

Indiana Jeff wrote:Mystery of the Blues, the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV show episode in which HF made a cameo appearance. He wears a cardigan.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
New mystery, Jeff. I read this thread after shoveling a foot of snow, thinking what a comfy thing a nice shawl-collar cardigan would be. Feet in front of the fire, y'know.
I like Duluth stuff as a rule, but even the sale price seemed steep. So I checked out Banks (props to car96 and Howard W). :notworthy: It appears I stumbled into "the (cyber)space between spaces"-- brown lambswool Donegal (where my people came from) cardigan, $19.99, shipped free(!). \:D/
So I bought it-- I think. When I try to get back to that item, even using the link in my so-called order confirmation, I hit the same wall as everyone else, including the Banks salespeople. ](*,) [Cue the theramin music.] Stay tuned?
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

I have both stores within walking distance to work.. (unfortunately, the mall is also close by, cue the sitting in traffic music...)
I really need to stop in and see what they offer, out of curiosity.