Is this a good site to buy a bullwhip from?

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

IndigentJones
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Is this a good site to buy a bullwhip from?

Post by IndigentJones »

I've been looking to get a bullwhip but I don't have loads of money, but I also don't want to waste my money on something that's just garbage, so I've been trying to find something around the $150 price point. All the recommended places seem to be at least twice that, so I've been doing lots of looking around on my own and came across this site: http://www.outdoorhobbies.co.uk/8ft-sta ... 2569-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that's selling 12 plait 8 foot cowhide whips for only $140, and at least in the picture they have it looks pretty good to me, admittedly never having owned a whip of any quality. Has anyone bought a whip from this site, or even heard of this site at all?
Blackadder
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Is this a good site to buy a bullwhip from?

Post by Blackadder »

I know a guy who bought one , he was satisfied , if its your first whip to practice with , this would do just fine.