All My Indiana Jones's fedoras 4 different makes.

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

All My Indiana Jones's fedoras 4 different makes.

Post by indyfan1234 »

Hello all I just wanted to share all 4 Indy fedoras I own from my first one to my most recent one. Not sure if anyone is interested to see but here it goes. All from 4 different venders.
First one is a pacific from Disney made with wool(Really old one) second is peters bros made with rabbit/beaver blend, third is Steele and jones made with wild rabbit, last is SOC advintage made with 100 percent beaver. I must say beaver is such a differ felt. So smooth while rabbit can see all the fur strands and beaver smooth like calm water. Haha terrible comparison.

Old pacific one I got when I was a kid at Disneyland.... it has seen much better days...

My peters bros one I got back in 2008

My Steele and jones fedora

And lastly my newest one. My advintage SOC one I just got last week.

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: All My Indiana Jones's fedoras 4 different makes.

Post by Michaelson »

Heck with your hats......I salute a fellow handlebar moustache wearer!!! :M: :tup:

Oh, and great hat collection too! ;)

Bear in mind, if a rabbit felt is finely pounced, you'll be hard pressed to tell it from a beaver hat. It's all in the finish work.

Tennessee Smith and I had the opportunity to examine a new rabbit and beaver HJ, and quite frankly I'd hate to have to tell one from the other. They were practically identical but for just a slight 'drag' feel of the rabbit when you slowly ran your finger across the surface. Otherwise, they looked and acted the same. :TOH:

I also TOTALLY recognize the PB, as Joe Peters used the same block and technique on all his hats to get that vertical look. I have a rabbit Indy in my closet that looks exactly like yours!

Regards! Michaelson
Screencapped
Vendor

Post by Screencapped »

Great stash! Hats ain't too shabby either. ;)
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Thanks guys! Took a year to grow. On the fedoras I guess the rabbit ones weren't as finely pounced I take it. I have seen the penmen adventurbuilt legacy and it looks like beaver but it's rabbit so defiantly see what you mean on the technique.