Cabelas Shirt - who owns one?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Drakh
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Cabelas Shirt - who owns one?

Post by Drakh »

I've just ordered mine (safari style - not the serengti one) and wonder what everyone else thinks ?
FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by FloatinJoe »

Drakh,
I've got one of these. I love it and wear it constantly. I had the buttons replaced and it looks pretty good. It has action pleats on the back which makes for nice comfort. I'm looking to buy a few more of these.

Mike
Indiana_Alex
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana_Alex »

I've had mine for a couple of months and its one of my favorite shirts. Its really comfortable and its tough as heck. It can take a licking and keep on ticking. Its definately a shirt worthy of Indy fans. It also has one of the closest colors to the orginal shirt. All in all its a great shirt durable, comfortable, looks good and is worthy of any adventure.
Cheers, Alex
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

I was going to order one Friday, but the only color they have is tan, no stone.

In "Lao Che's Table" under "Question about YOUR gear..." There's a pic of Ken, with I think a Cabelas shirt.
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

Yeah Mister King, it is a shame that they don't have the colour stone anymore. Don't know if it is out of production or not? Let's hope there will be a new batch of those shirts soon.

Kind regards

Doctor Jones
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Well, if they're not going to make "Stone" again, there's only one group of people to blame... us.

We need to call these people and tell them that if they release the Stone color shirt with the same style and quality, we'll buy 3 of the shirts as soon as they are released.

I plan on doing this tommorow.
FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by FloatinJoe »

I have to ask, why are we assuming that the color is no longer available. I know that it isn't in their catalog, but it is still listed on the website. I ordered mine about a month ago and it wasn't in the catalog then, but was listed on the website. Just a question.

Mike
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

Good question floatinjoe, I think someone in another thread about the “Demise Of The LL Bean shirt” mentioned they couldn’t get the Cabela’s Safari “Stone” color. But I was looking through Cabela’s Master Catalog Spring 2002 and it lists ‘Stone’ as a NEW color. I’m not sure why they would list it that way and then do away with it several months later. So it just may be out of stock - dunno, but then again, on the website, normally when they are restocking they will mention: This item is on backorder. Cabela's estimates it will take 11-12 weeks to ship this product. ...or however long it will take.

Curious - time will tell I guess.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Everytime I try and order one on-line I get a flag saying the size and color isn't in stock. Maybe I should call them first before jumping off the bridge and start my E-Mail campain.
Drakh
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Drakh »

I ordered one in Stone, but its probably a different size. Lets hope its a temporary stockout!
Peacock's Eye
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Peacock's Eye »

I have three of their Safari Shirts, one in tan and two in stone. They are rugged, comfortable shirts. Their website has a link whereby you can contact one of their service representatives and ask them questions about their products. The answer I was given concerning the stone color shirts was that they were out of all sizes except the extra large sizes and did not know if they would be restocked.
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

I chatted with one of those salepersons on that side and they said they don't have stone anymore and they don't know if they are going to produce any more. WOuld be a shame.

Regards

Doctor Jones
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Doctor_Jones wrote:I chatted with one of those salepersons on that side and they said they don't have stone anymore and they don't know if they are going to produce any more.
If that's the case, we should all call and ask for them to reconsider.
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

Yeah, US guys call cos I ain't gonna call them... Europe you know. :-) I'll chat with them!

Kind regards

Doctor Jones
LJHood
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by LJHood »

I found a really amazing khaki shirt. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it before, but it is from Bill's Khakis. Go to www.billskhakis.com. The guy specializes in khaki pants and other clothes from WWII.
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

hehehe, well yes, I do recall someone mentioning that under the "David Morgan Safari Cloth Shirt" topic, but it meet with as much enthusiasm as it has here. ...oh, well.

Hey, it never hurts to mention things more than once, it's sometimes hard to follow everything that goes on here. :D

...and besides, from the looks of it, this forum is probably SAFER to post in today for those who don't want to get their Indy gear all muddied up in the Fedora forum. :lol:
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

Hey, and they even got that stone colour! This might be interesting indeed!

Kind regards

Doctor Jones
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Do you think $80 is steep, when you could buy a NH for that much?
Indiana_Alex
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana_Alex »

I just recieved my Cabelas Master Catalog in the mail today. I found the Safari shirt and to my disappointment they didn't have the color stone :cry: . It seems that MBA is the only accurate shirt as of now since the LL Bean shirt has taken a dive for the worst in quality, which is really a shame. I'd personally love to own a MBA shirt but the budget won't have it. I just hope that Noel doesn't raise his prices. I don't think he would but you never know. We here in Texas have been experienceing the same thing now that Albertsons(a grocery store) has pulled out and now the only big grocery store is H.E.B. They have now raised they're meat prices etc. Oh well, I just hope my family won't become vegeterians now :wink: .
Cheers, Alex
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

One thing that scares me about Noel's MBA shirt is the colour... some say it is a little pinkish...

High regards

Doctor Jones
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

I've got a safari style and like it, although I find it to be a pretty heavy shirt. I don't like to wear it when it's real hot. It's almost like wearing a light weight jacket.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

With every passing day, I'm getting more and more fustrated. I wanted to fill my closet with shirts that are as screen accurate as possible AND still be able to send The Coppertop Kid to college all while paying the bills.

I would like to have ONE or two Noel Howard shirts just to say I own them, but not being able to find STONE safari shirts that we can afford so I can wear one every day of the week is really making me mad and fustrated.
Hakaider
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Cabelas shirt

Post by Hakaider »

Well Rendering Fisk, you could always try to convince your child to become a future archealogist when they go to college. Then after they graduate they could steal ancient lost treasures so they can pay off their college tuition and buy a dozen truckloads of NH shirts and pants for you. With a half dozen gold statutes, you could even buy the HJ company! :)

All kidding aside....since Cabelas have run out of "stone", does anyone know if the "tan" or "khaki" colors are a passable substitute?
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

I tried looking at the Cabela's we have here in Minnesota (less than an hour South of the Twin Cities) on the way back from Texas. Stone shirt, yes. BUT.... only 5XL and other HUGE sizes were all that's left..... :cry:

I want one in XL, but I'm not about to go for the 5XL Bedsheet size! Has anyone (Dalexs?) purchased their Tan and undyed it? This one IS available in tan at least on their website..... but I want Stone, Stone, STONE! Yes, I'm pouting here.... :x
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

It's one Giant Poutfest... and I'm the Grand Master.

I want my shirts and I want them now!
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

Maybe we can all chip in on a 5XL and all of us can wear it.... at once! :x

Apox on Cabela's!
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

I get the right sleave!

No... wait... I don't think so... some of you arn't in good shape and don't bath after your bush-wacking.
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

Well I just purchased 2 more this week and I'm wearing one right now. Good news if you are 6 foot or taller. I hate to give out my secret, but the TALL has plenty of colors available including STONE. Watch out Cabela's!

-S
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

Now that stone is available, I'm going to order one.

I.J.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Renderking Fisk wrote:I was going to order one Friday, but the only color they have is tan, no stone.

In "Lao Che's Table" under "Question about YOUR gear..." There's a pic of Ken, with I think a Cabelas shirt.
I am afraid this isnt a Cabelas shirt Renderking. I got it on ebay about a year ago and its my very first shirt. It was just described as an Indiana Jones LC shirt. I am really confused as it appears to be a NH as far as I can tell as its very light and has the pleats but I tried dying it and it never changed colour and no pink dye came out at all. It is a wonderful shirt though. Having said that I did order a Cabelas a few days ago and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Ken :)
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

Well, I ordered the stone-colored Cabelas shirt in size medium today. I'll be sure and let y'all know what I think about it when it comes in.
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

I have never tried one of Cabela's safari shirts, at least not the one you guys are referring to. I do own 7 of their "Adventure Wear" safari shirts, all khaki colored and made of poplin. You can't wear these shirts out, and I have tried. They are a bit modern with the zippered map pocket, but I love the flaps over the pockets that hide the buttons. They also used to have a "travel wear" line of shirts that came in light blue and mushroom. I own a couple of each and love these shirts too. Over the years I must say that I have never bought anything from them that was shoddy. Good company. Fedora
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Indiana Ken wrote:
I am afraid this isnt a Cabelas shirt Renderking. I got it on ebay about a year ago and its my very first shirt. It was just described as an Indiana Jones LC shirt. I am really confused as it appears to be a NH as far as I can tell as its very light and has the pleats but I tried dying it and it never changed colour and no pink dye came out at all.
It has the long pleats that run vertically up and down above and below the pockets? Does the Cabelas shirt have this?
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

I just recieved mine on friday, wore it for two days and wrote a review and posted it on it's own thread so it won't be confused with this conversation.
manwithhat
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by manwithhat »

I have owned many different clothing items from Cabela’s over the years, including most of their safari style shirts and pants. I’ve been extremely pleased with the quality and fit. Every Cabela's item I have owned has stood up well over time.
I also have one lone Willis & Geiger safari shirt that is one of my all-time favorite shirts. Unfortunately, I “discovered” W&G just before they were closed up by Land’s End, so I only managed to buy the one shirt. :(
Indiana Philip
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Philip »

manwithhat-It's an interesting coincidence that I also have a W&G khaki shirt that I bought just before they went under. That shirt, and a pair of green W&G pants, were my only civilian attire during the Gulf War. It is also one of my all time favorite shirts. It is only now beginning to show a little wear and tear, which is pretty good since I bought it in 1990. Does yours have a pleat that goes all the way down the back, with a reinforced X halfway down? Just curious if it is indeed the same shirt. To my knowledge, Lands End never offered this exact same shirt after they took over.
Indiana Philip
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

Magnum wrote:Well, I ordered the stone-colored Cabelas shirt in size medium today. I'll be sure and let y'all know what I think about it when it comes in.
manwithhat wrote:I have owned many different clothing items from Cabela’s over the years, including most of their safari style shirts and pants. I’ve been extremely pleased with the quality and fit. Every Cabela's item I have owned has stood up well over time.
Well, I ordered mine on Sunday night and it showed up here on Wednesday afternoon. At 5' 8" and a medium frame, I ordered a Medium and it is amazing how well this shirt fits me. The shoulders are perfect, the sleeve length is perfect, and it's not blousy with a bunch of extra material around the midsection. "...and I even like the color." :roll: I had to throw in a LC quote.

If this shirt is indicative of the rest of their products, then I will certainly be purchasing more Cabela's items in the future.

Indiana Joe