USWings special sale

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

USWings special sale

Post by Michaelson »

Just received this email from USW's this afternoon:

We have added a new special for Indy Gear Members.
25% off any Indy Jacket with only 1 exception (the IJVINC/IJVC) Signature Series Vintage Cowhide Indy-Style Adventurer Jacket.
This sale will end January 31st and there are limited sizes and quantities available, so they should act now. The 25% is on top of any sale price listed.
There will be no rainchecks available.

The coupon code to use in checkout is “indy25”

Thank You,
Myke
http://www.uswings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards! Michaelson
kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: USWings special sale

Post by kozmoedave »

Wow, that's a heck of a discount. Thanks for the heads-up.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

Ordered the Legend in 2XL Bison. Hope it fits.

US Wings Legend sizing is sort of iffy on the many jackets I have bought.

Roo Legend Jacket in 2XL was too tight in shoulders and chest
SL Legend 2XL Long was too long. Had to get a regular 2XL.
Legend in goat fit well with an XL.
Imported Legend jacket was a snug 2XL Long with the correct length. 3XL regular was a better fit.

I am 6 feet, 4 inches and weight-wise around 240.
davyjones007
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by davyjones007 »

That is a sweet deal!
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

Received the XXL Bison Jacket today. Leather is nice but not as heavy as I thought it would be. It runs on the shorter side with the back length a little below my belt on the back.
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

Glenville86 wrote:Received the XXL Bison Jacket today. Leather is nice but not as heavy as I thought it would be. It runs on the shorter side with the back length a little below my belt on the back.
The legend pattern are very short on back length and very long sleeves, I had same jacket and returned it, how do you compare the thickness on bison with Wested horsehide? I remember this bison jacket doesn't keep me warm at all.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Just a point, NO leather jacket was ever made to keep you 'warm', unless they are lined.

They're great for cutting the wind from you, but as an insulator, no leather will keep you warm, per se.

You need to layer underneath to do that.

I've owned everything from lambskin, to 'roo, cowhide, goatskin, water buffalo, bison, to horsehide, and other than physical weight differences, they all 'insulate' the same.

As to the Legend pattern, there has been no better pattern made that fits me than the Legend, and they're phasing it out at USW's. :?

Regards! Michaelson
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

Hammerklavier wrote:
Glenville86 wrote:Received the XXL Bison Jacket today. Leather is nice but not as heavy as I thought it would be. It runs on the shorter side with the back length a little below my belt on the back.
The legend pattern are very short on back length and very long sleeves, I had same jacket and returned it, how do you compare the thickness on bison with Wested horsehide? I remember this bison jacket doesn't keep me warm at all.
The Wested HH is a thicker leather. The USW sleeves are fine and the chest is fine. Just a little shorter in the back than I like but not enough that it does not fit. Most SA folks would say it is a perfect length. The USW Legend pattern on their different jackets are not uniform. I bought the US Legend SL in a XXL Long and it was way too long. Ended up getting the SL in a XXL Regular. Bought the Roo in XXL and it was way too tight in the upper body. Have a US Legend in goat that is a XL that fits like a XXL. One imported Legend in a 3XL. Most of my short jackets have a 27-28 inch back length which puts them a couple inches below my belt on modern chino or jeans.

Like Michaelson said, an unlined leather jacket will keep the wind out and works as a cold weather jacket if you layer underneath. With the temps here in the teens in the mornings, I have been wearing an Aero jacket that has a light lining with a t-shirt and sweater. Indy jackets need a little help to keep you warm. That is why I never buy more of a form fitting one. The form fitting would of course be fine for warmer weather wear.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Michaelson wrote: As to the Legend pattern, there has been no better pattern made that fits me than the Legend, and they're phasing it out at USW's. :?
Is it being replaced with something, or are they going back to the Signature?
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

According to this thread, the Signature Series will be the only Indy jacket offered.

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... t=us+wings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

Indiana Jeff