Northwest Hats Streets of Cairo hat

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Dr. Jones, Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Northwest Hats Streets of Cairo hat

Post by Dr. Jones, Jr. »

I am currently emailing Mike at Northwest Hats about making me a streets of cairo type hat, minus the dust and aging. Has anyone on here gotten a streets of cairo style hat from Mike? Or ordered one open crown and bashed it? I know he does excellent work as I have a Last Crusade style in beaver from him and it is excellent, just wondering if anyone has done this particular style.
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Northwest Hats Streets of Cairo hat

Post by DiCatania »

My suggestion is to call and talk to Mike. Something gets lost in translation in emails. Mike is a great guy and if you talk to him you both can work out the detail to insure that you get exactly what you want. (541) 515-0422

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
erikgunnlugson
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by erikgunnlugson »

I got mike to make me a raiders hat in a different color. His block and bash was perfect. I would just order his standard raiders and give the dimensions and there you go. The turn might be a question mark though.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b58 ... 5jt2v3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b58 ... mbgpyl.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr. Jones, Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dr. Jones, Jr. »

erikgunnlugson wrote:I got mike to make me a raiders hat in a different color. His block and bash was perfect. I would just order his standard raiders and give the dimensions and there you go. The turn might be a question mark though.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b58 ... 5jt2v3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b58 ... mbgpyl.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Pics are a big help.
Dr. Jones, Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dr. Jones, Jr. »

DiCatania wrote:My suggestion is to call and talk to Mike. Something gets lost in translation in emails. Mike is a great guy and if you talk to him you both can work out the detail to insure that you get exactly what you want. (541) 515-0422

Thanks! Very cool to see you live in the U.P. I'm from by Traverse City myself :)
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I Love it in the U.P. I am just north of Iron Mountain in Channing.

Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

I just used the search function to find a thread about Northwest Hats, and then I discover fellow Michiganders!

Anywho, I am getting interested in one of these. But I must be a simpleton because I seem to be having a hard time finding the pertinent information on the website. Are these hats beaver of rabbit? It doesn't even give me a general idea as to price...

What color do you ask for if aiming for an Indy-style?

Do you chaps have any more pictures easily available? Are they true to size?

Thanks for your time.
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

Call Mike at Northwest Hats. Tell him what you are looking for and he will help you. He is great to work with and wants to make a hat that you will be happy with. You won't be disappointed. Then go and wear your hat in the beautiful Michigan woods!!!

Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Arch Stanton wrote:I just used the search function to find a thread about Northwest Hats, and then I discover fellow Michiganders!

Anywho, I am getting interested in one of these. But I must be a simpleton because I seem to be having a hard time finding the pertinent information on the website. Are these hats beaver of rabbit? It doesn't even give me a general idea as to price...

What color do you ask for if aiming for an Indy-style?

Do you chaps have any more pictures easily available? Are they true to size?

Thanks for your time.
From Mike's website northwesthats.com hover over Custom Hats and the drop down shows Ordering and Pricing.

As for sizing, Mike makes his hats to the size you provide so as long as you measure your head correctly you should be good to go. I measure at 23" and both of the hats I have from Mike fit perfectly right out of the box.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

Thanks, Jeff. I was having a hard time with the site on my little tablet, I guess.

I am at a loss for words...

It's hard to believe a gorgeous custom beaver felt hat can be only $250.00. :Dietrich:

And I just went through a 41 page thread over at Fedora Lounge admiring all his handiwork. His refurbs are absolutely nuts as well. I'm definitely on board for a "Cairo".

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/ ... ore.66155/
Dr. Jones, Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dr. Jones, Jr. »

I received my hat last month and it is gorgeous, guys. I will post pictures when I can. Absolutely no regrets... now I just have to find an excuse to wear it here at college :lol: ;)
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Excuse? I need an excuse NOT to wear mine :mrgreen: Man wear that thing because it's a hat. There is your excuse. :TOH:
giantthugee86
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by giantthugee86 »

I don't see Indy hats on their site?
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

You really should just call Mike if you can. He makes custom hats and you can talk with him about it. He also has a Facebook page with lots of pics.