I hope the new Indy Whip will be....

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Blake Bruning
Vendor

I hope the new Indy Whip will be....

Post by Blake Bruning »

I am hoping for a change up myself. I love an 8" spike, but would really like a new look. I would go with Brandy and black 2-tone. It is a change up, but at a distance would just look like a well used darkened whip for those of you who can't bare much change. :TOH:
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: I hope the new Indy Whip will be....

Post by backstagejack »

With how much the whip was not used in the last film..... I'm pretty sure it's a far far afterthought. The director, costume designer, etc probably just say, brown whip and take the word of the whip master on what kind that Indy should use as long as it's similar to the ones used in the previous films.
folkprophet
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by folkprophet »

backstagejack wrote:With how much the whip was not used in the last film..... I'm pretty sure it's a far far afterthought. The director, costume designer, etc probably just say, brown whip and take the word of the whip master on what kind that Indy should use as long as it's similar to the ones used in the previous films.
I think many things were a far, far afterthought on the last film. Here's hoping that the Disneyfication of it lends itself to a better end product.

As to the topic, I really like the look of the KOTCS whip. And I'm cool with them keeping things the same for V. However, upon the possible eventual reboot with a younger Indy, I want them to go bad to Raiders style for all!
chenricy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by chenricy »

One thing I never realized about whips until I started collecting them is the longer you have them the darker they get. So if anything the old Indy should have a dark one like LC and the young Indy should have a light one like Raiders. Makes sense.
folkprophet
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by folkprophet »

chenricy wrote:One thing I never realized about whips until I started collecting them is the longer you have them the darker they get. So if anything the old Indy should have a dark one like LC and the young Indy should have a light one like Raiders. Makes sense.
Unless you consider that he has owned/gone through many whips. In theory the old Indy could have destroyed any given whip at any given time and needed a new one. Alternatively, the young Indy could have a used whip he got from somewhere as his first whip.
chenricy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by chenricy »

folkprophet wrote:
chenricy wrote:One thing I never realized about whips until I started collecting them is the longer you have them the darker they get. So if anything the old Indy should have a dark one like LC and the young Indy should have a light one like Raiders. Makes sense.
Unless you consider that he has owned/gone through many whips. In theory the old Indy could have destroyed any given whip at any given time and needed a new one. Alternatively, the young Indy could have a used whip he got from somewhere as his first whip.
Why of course! Since he has pretty much the same whip in all the movies I would hope they keep it consistent. God willing lol [-o<
Parttimeteacher
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Parttimeteacher »

If they want a darker whip with darker knots, like kotcs they could go this route.

http://imgur.com/a/lxCCqqF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the 3 pass knots better than the 2 pass on the Jacka.
chenricy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by chenricy »

Parttimeteacher wrote:If they want a darker whip with darker knots, like kotcs they could go this route.

OMG that's beautiful!
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Parttimeteacher wrote:If they want a darker whip with darker knots, like kotcs they could go this route.

Yep, the three pass THK is a looker in my book too! :TOH:

Said it before in another thread, but that's a gorgeous whip you got!

Cheers,
Bear
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

By the time they actually make the film, it'll have to be set in the '80s so a 2 color chartreuse/orange nylon paracord whip should be ticket!