Wested Collar

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

LJHood
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Wested Collar

Post by LJHood »

Has Peter reduced the size of the color in the front where it is widest? I got a Wested in February of 2003 and the collar was big and my next jacket I asked him to reduce it by .25 inches at the widest part. Can anyone speak to this?
Indiana Jackson
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana Jackson »

My ToD that I just received yesterday is about 3.25 inches at the widest part which I assume is at the front tip to neckline of the collar. It seems OK to me. I actually kinda like it like that. hope this helps.

Indiana Jackson
MK
Admin Emeritus

Post by MK »

*message deleted by the author*.
Last edited by MK on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

Now he needs to change the collar and he should be pretty much done.
And the liners. Excuse me for being off topic here, but I've never seen a liner break that fast, than on my Wested (cotton body, satin sleeves).

Regards,

Marc
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

I dunno....maybe it's just me, and the various pics that I have seen, but several times I have looked at the Flightsuits collar, and it seemed rather big as well. But then again, I have also heard that the Flightsuits collar has to be broken in somewhat, so I could have been looking at their "before" pics and not the "after" pics......

Kind Regards,
Captain D
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

The Wested collar (Raiders,TOD) is a bit wider than the Flightsuits collar. It’s also shaped differently. I’m planning on doing some jacket comparison pictures (which will also include a few Coopers) in the near future. Cheers
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

I hope you still find some time to work on doing those jacket comparison pictures.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

On my most recent Wested I remember asking the collar to be made smaller and they said they wouldnt or couldnt do this if they made the jacket in the slimmer 1980s cut. :? As I suspected the collar was wider than I would have liked.

Ken
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Ken,
Wested gladly did this for my Raiders jacket a couple of years ago right after the original, slimmer patterns were discovered. Got Maul has that jacket and the collar is smaller on the slimmer patterned jacket. Looks very, very nice.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

I should be in London some time during the enxt month - if i took the jacket in do you think Wested would alter it (and maybe the fit slightly) for me? Its a nice jacket but just one or two little things are slightly off. Will Wested do alterations to a jacket if you have had it and been wearign it a while?

Ken
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

I should be in London some time during the enxt month - if i took the jacket in do you think Wested would alter it (and maybe the fit slightly) for me? Its a nice jacket but just one or two little things are slightly off. Will Wested do alterations to a jacket if you have had it and been wearign it a while?

Ken
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Why sure they will! Especially if you walk it in and show them what you want done. I don't know if the alterations will be free but they will definitely do them for you.
cyclops
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by cyclops »

I had some alterations done while I waited (sleeve length, elastic in pleats) - but I did give them a few days notice that I would be coming at specific time - to avoid any problems.

The whole process took less than 30 minutes. Very quick - you can't believe someone can pull apart and alter a jacket that quickly :) And as ever the results were excellent.

One word of warning though - once you are there the temptation to get another jacket is almost irresistable - I gave in after seeing a finished cow hide and ordered one the next day :D

Cheers
Cyclops