Good Afternoon...

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

michaelb
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Good Afternoon...

Post by michaelb »

I apologize but I have a question regarding my jacket that I may have posted before... Easy answer (I would think),

I have a Wested from a while back... Again I forgot the seller, I want to say Holt but that my be wrong. I purchased it here and it is not only beautiful but pretty much a perfect fit, which is typically unusual in this "category."

Anyway, it was distressed by the original owner, but no damage and looks great.

I wanted to make it look new by applying Pecard's or other "Leather Dressing"... I think I got the answer way back when, but I cannot find it through the search. I tried a Wilson's "Leather Dressing" and when I was done, it looked like it was brand new. The next day it was exactly the same jacket as before with all the scuffs.

I know the answer must be simple but I just want to apply a coating of "SOMETHING" that will also bring back the color to the areas that were distressed and have it like new?

Any help?

Thank your for your time... A lot has been going on in my life and I visit the site mostly on weekends. I would consider myself an "Old Timer", and would like to say "Hello" on that thread, but I am just waiting to post more while I secure a position that I am currently working with as a an artist again. Waiting another month to see how things will pan out after 7 years of very bad events in my life and several horrible warehouse "Temp" positions. Things may be looking up, and if so, it may be a miracle. Just an FYI. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again and hope all is well with everyone,

Michael
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Good Afternoon...

Post by knibs7 »

I'd definitely use Pecards
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Agreed! The brown tinted Pecards should do the trick!

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

The brown tint is the key.

Regular Pecards will produce the same results you've already experienced. The leather will look darker initially, but as the conditioner soaks in/"dries" the leather will look like it did prior to treatment.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff