Todds Bullwhip vs Magnoli Budget Bullwhip

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

ChrisChacin
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Todds Bullwhip vs Magnoli Budget Bullwhip

Post by ChrisChacin »

Hi again :D . Well, i've been searching ( again ](*,) ) a budget bullwhip that won't break the bank, and i've found that indy magnoli makes a awesome bullwhip :Plymouth: . And Todd's bullwhip is back in stock. :[ . i'm lookin' mainly for a whip for display/costuming and occasional cracking. Well, magnoli's bullwhip is 75$ and todd's is 120$ ](*,) ( Plus the shipping cost :roll: ). My budget is very limited. ( Only 300$ for a shirt, akubra's hat, bullwhip and other stuff ). Wich one is better? Help me decide. :lol: THANKS EVERYBODY!.

PD: Also, i've looked for the Gus bullwhip. The only problem is the cost. ( 250$ ). If i buy it, i wouldn't have money for the shirt ( and less the hat )

PDD: BTW, i've know that the magnoli's bullwhip are made of cowhide. But, i don't know what they are made the todd's one. ( goatskin? )
Bradsburns
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Todds Bullwhip vs Magnoli Budget Bullwhip

Post by Bradsburns »

I have Magnolis budget whip and for low end product it gives high end results. Well made looks great. I use mine for display only but it definitely looks the part sitting on your hip.

I chose.....wisely
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Does it crack good?
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IucOmy7CVDQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

You said budget rules so go with the lower priced whip. I have the Magnoli and it is great!
Paul_B
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Paul_B »

I have a Todd's 10' whip and a custom made 10' that is of higher quality. The Magnoli Budget may be my next whip for costume wear!