Is it me?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

soulman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Is it me?

Post by soulman »

A few days into wearing my Goat G&B I noticed something about it's fit. I had been sort of curious abot the sleeve length thinking that perhaps it was a bit too long. I checked in with G&B and here at the COW and determined that a 46 short might better serve my needs. I currently have the 46 reg. So thanks to all who lent their expert advise!. However I have now come across yet another "oddity" if you will. So here's my feeble attempt to explain in hopes of getting some input (and maybe a couple laughes).
I am currently a size 47 at my chest and stand at 5'7". After speaking with the folks G&B it was determined that to obtain that much sought after "tailord fit" it would be a good idea to size down into the 46 reg. They thought that at the time a short might not be the way to go. So regular it was. Now for the most part I think that the overall fit was pretty good. The sleeves could be a 1/2 in. shorter but not too terrible. But then came the chest...
I noticed that there was actually more room than I had originally thought there would be. So I go and slip on my Goat G&B A-2 size 48 reg. (This is the jacket tha I used to get the idea of how G&B jackets fit) and found that it actually fit TIGHTER than the 46 reg. Expo. Preplexed, I took my findings to the boss (my wife) and she agreed that the A-2 had a snug tailord fit at the chest and shoulders. We took into consideration that the jackets were two completly different styles. But I couldnt figure why a jacket that is a size bigger would fit better than the smaller one? So now the dilema and the question that I have been leading up to.

At present my Expo is not a complete loss, it's fit is good but not "tailored". More like an avreage winter coat only with style. Not the "Indy fit" I was after. Would anyone advise sizeing down yet again? or should I stay where I am and leave it be?

Blue Skies,
Soulman
junior
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Location: Location - the most important thing in real estate

Post by junior »

I read thru your post pretty fast...if you didn't have any custom alterations, order the off the rack jacket you think might be better. After it arrives return the one that you do not chose and receive a complete refund.

Ching,

junior
IndianaCollins
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaCollins »

I love my G&B, but I'm 5'10", and think I normally need a regular size, but I have long arms. My 40 long size G&B fits great, but I feel that it's too long. It doesn't bother me that much, as it's a great jacket...
soulman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by soulman »

Thanks much for the input!!!!
I'll hang in there as I know that I will sooner or later find that "fit"