Webley MKVI Revolver C02 BB Gun Pre Order at Airgun Depot

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Pacific Ocean: 19 29.84 N - 155 54.62 W Occupation: Archaeologist "Licensed to Kill"

Webley MKVI Revolver C02 BB Gun Pre Order at Airgun Depot

Post by Indiana Bond »

I just got an email from Airgun Depot informing me that the Webley MKVI will soon be available in a very nice C02 BB gun version. Here is the link:

Webley MKVI C02 BB Gun

Not quite screen accurate but would definitely make a nice holster stuffer!! Those empty German Beer Cans wouldn't stand a chance!

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Indiana Bond on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whipwarrior

Re: Webley MKVI Revolver C02 BB Gun Pre Order at Gun Depot

Post by whipwarrior »

Okay, this is TOO cool! I've owned a real Webley MKIV for 14 years and never fired the gun due to its age / condition, so I am definitely getting one! Thanks for posting this! :notworthy:

Check it out at the Webley page: http://www.webley.co.uk/Pages/mk6.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Full metal construction!!! :TOH:
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Pacific Ocean: 19 29.84 N - 155 54.62 W Occupation: Archaeologist "Licensed to Kill"

Re: Webley MKVI Revolver C02 BB Gun Pre Order at Gun Depot

Post by Indiana Bond »

Here is a great youtube review on the revolver:

http://youtu.be/FqUeuPH2o6U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like they have been available in Europe for a few weeks now. Good to see that Airgun Depot will be bringing them in to the USA.

whipwarrior

Re: Webley MKVI Revolver C02 BB Gun Pre Order at Airgun Depo

Post by whipwarrior »

I can't wait to pull the trigger on this (pun intended!). :lol:

UPDATE: They're in stock now, and I just ordered mine! :TOH:

UPDATE #2: Webley shipped out, due to arrive on Friday! :D
azuma
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by azuma »

Just posted some photos of my Webley MKVI Co2 at the following thread.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers,
Azuma
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Today I picked up some C02 cartridges and 6000 rounds in anticipation of my Webley's arrival. Now I can take on the Ultimate target: :twisted:

A shooting gallery that Indy himself would approve of! 8)
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Webley arrived today! First impressons: It's a beauty, a genuine work of art! The weight and feel of the replica is nearly identical to my vintage MK6, except the new gun has a matte finish rather than the shiny blued finish of vintage British steel. The brass bullets lend a truly authentic feel to the gun, and they load in a snap. The ratcheting action of the cylinder is notably less solid than the real Webley, and the extractor mechanism doesn't eject the bullets clear of the cylinder because of the casing weight & length. Basically, they lift free and you can tip the gun into your palm to collect the spent rounds for re-loading.

I burned through an entire CO2 cartridge in an hour of continuous shooting. But it's a drag to completely reload the gun after only six shots. I can see why they invented the Prideaux speed loader for quick, non-tedious arming on the battlefield (I would've carried a dozen of those suckers, fully-loaded at all times!). In fact, the only real downside to the gun is that the rear backstrap sight is too high, which throws off the accuracy. Basically, it's necessary to tip the barrel slightly upwards in order to properly align the front sight in the groove, which causes the shots to go high. An added consequence of the elevated rear sight is that the gun doesn't nest properly in the flap holster, and in fact the edges of the backstrap catch on the sides, causing the gun to inadvertently break open while being holstered; the safety catch isn't the same square block that so solidly locks the original gun frame together. However, the velocity is great, as evidenced by pellets ricocheting back from the metal safety plate on my target stand! I had to quickly sidestep after each shot to avoid returning projectiles!

Overall, I give the new Webley a solid 10-star rating! It's a quality firearm, and a heckuva lot of fun to shoot! :TOH:
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

:WLWOP:

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

Nice!! Thanks for showing comparisons to the real MKVI. I can see where there would be problems in the larger and higher sights both in aiming and holstering. That backstrap piece looks like the only thing considerably different than the original. I wonder if the top could be filed down and reshaped to be more like the original?

Now lets see some pics with a bunch of holes in old Hitler's head and you in gear with a big grin on your face!! :lol:

Have fun with your early Christmas present!

whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Actually, I did peg Hitler a few times, except that aluminum-clad Führer is nearly bulletproof! Next time I'm aiming right between his eyes! :twisted: To its credit, however, the Webley punches right through those steel cans!

The backstrap is one single piece of cast metal, so filing down the sight would be risky without some ultra-precise tools for the job. I'd rather adjust my aim instead of risk ruining a brand new gun at the expense of a modification. I wonder if an original Webley backstrap could be fitted to this one?
zaynecarrick
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by zaynecarrick »

12% off+free shipping for Black Friday/weekend at Airgun Depot. Getting very tempted.
drjameswing
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by drjameswing »

All the review videos I have watched are very positive. Price is steep. But from what I can tell it is fair for the high end airsoft/ air gun market
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

I was searching for more reviews on the Airsoft Webley and ran across this brand. Antone own one of these?

http://www.bunnyworkshop.com.hk/airsoft ... rch=webley
azuma
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by azuma »

It is the same Webley BB gun. WG is the manufacturer for Webley MKVI Revolver C02 BB Gun. And that is the weathered version I posed in this thread: http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

Cheers,
Azuma
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

That's odd, in the specs section it shows the manufacturer as WinGun which threw me off. The weathered look is cool.
azuma
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by azuma »

WinGun is WG, a airsoft gun factory in Taiwan. They have been in this business for years, and Webley hired them for OEM thier Webley MKVI Revolver C02 BB Gun last year.

Azuma
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

Just thought I'd bump this thread up with some pics of the one I just received! I bought the weathered (labelled 'shabby') version from EhobbyAsia, that fits the 6mm airsoft bb's. I'd love it if these came in .177 pellet version, but this will just have to do! I gotta say, it's a fantastic replica and worthy holster-stuffer. :) It was $175 plus shipping, which only took about a week from overseas.
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/webley-wg-ma ... rsion.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine's the same version as Azuma's in this thread, though mine has a more blued look and less scratches:
http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zoltar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zoltar »

Just spotted these while browsing for a new air rifle! Wow. =P~
I headed straight over here because I knew there'd be some reviews and pictures, now I NEED one. My local gun shop has them in so I'm going this weekend and will hopefully return with one \:D/ As far as I can tell as it's classed as an airpistol so it's still legal to buy one in the UK without a VCRA exemption.
Insanely enough, if it was made of plastic and fired nothing I'd not be able buy one. UK laws are a bit screwed up!

No tin cans are gonna be safe round my place! ;)

ZOLATR
Zoltar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zoltar »

Well I got one! \:D/
.177 Pellet with 'Battlefield' finish. It's Awesome!
Don't think I can better the pictures in the Azuma's review in the link above. The UK version comes with the safety switch on the right side which spoils the effect but the Battlefield finish is good, with a worn blued finish.
Just waiting to fire it this weekend, it's too dark afterwork :(

ZOLTAR
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

The new Webley is a blast to use (no pun intended!). One reviewer said: "It's a paper puncher with character." Also great for turning tin cans into Swiss cheese. Only shortcoming is that a CO2 cartridge doesn't last very long once you crack open the valve. You might get 50 or 60 good velocity shots before the pressure starts to diminish, then you gotta reload. The optional speed loader is okay, provided you keep the bullets upright, because it doesn't grip the shells like a vintage Prideaux loader. And, of course, the extractor is too weak to fully eject the brass cartridges. It sorta pops them up, then they fall back into the cylinder, unless you tip them into your hand. Don't forget to put down a bed of oil to roll the pellets in so they shoot smoothly. Otherwise, have fun! :TOH:
Zoltar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zoltar »

Still waiting to get some shots off with this thing. I tried the other weekend and it started snowing, I was shivering so much I couldn't hit a tin can from across the yard! :roll:
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Those look nice. Wonder how they hold up for the long haul. All I remember as a kid having one of these type of air pistols with the CO2 is they leaked after awhile. Hopefully these last longer or at least the o rings are easy to find and replace.
doppelganger
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by doppelganger »

Just picked up my own Webley MKVI from a local shop (its more like a department store and has a good, sports section). On offer for £129.99 in either new black or battlefield weathering. I went for the weathered look and its fantastic. Squeazed off a few rounds earlier. Not accurate over distance but a great weighted feel to it. And I finally have a side arm that fits my holster.

Very pleased.