Custom Wested LC in Shrunken Lamb

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

skyhawker
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Custom Wested LC in Shrunken Lamb

Post by skyhawker »

I thought I would share some pics of my latest Wested jacket. It's a custom made Last crusade in Shrunken lamb. this is my 3rd Wested jacket, my other two were made from pre-distressed cow hide. The cow hide looks fine but I could never get the weathering to show up very well because the leather was chrome tanned. Anywhere that I rubbed away the outer layer a grey colour would show through rather than the nice caramel colour as seen in the movie. The Wested shrunken Lamb is veg tanned so the weathered areas show up a lot better. I gave Wested a spec list which I attained from Club Obi-Wan member Kyle (Knibs7) as I really liked the look of his custom LC. Amongst these specs were different size pockets to standard and no stitching on the rear sleeve seam (so it matches the front). Ive done a little weathering so far but Ive not gone crazy. I'm very pleased how this came out and this is definitely my favourite of my 3 jackets.
ImageImage
hovitos loincloth
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: I have Kleptomania, but when it gets too bad I take something for it.

Re: Custom Wested LC in Shrunken Lamb

Post by hovitos loincloth »

Looks good. How wide is the bottom of the back panel compared to the top?
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Looks good... Did you ask for the pockets to be pointed like that?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Ok, I have to ask....why are your shoulder seams about 3 inches below the end of your shoulders? :-k

If you look at photos of Ford, the reason his seams are below the ends of his shoulder is because the jacket has slid off his shoulders and away from his neck. When his jacket is zipped or pulled up, the seams are at or just below the shoulder where they belong, as seen in this photo.:

http://indygear.com/images/gear/jacket/ ... ket-hd.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking at your pics, your collar is where it's supposed to be without sliding off, and yet the seams are down below your shoulder down on your upper arms.

I'm just curious. It's all subjective, as I know folks can show Ford wearing his jacket with the seams that low, but it's after he's worn the jacket for a while and it's pretty well stretched out to make the seams go that low, so hopefully yours won't go any lower than they already are.

Very nice jacket. :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

yea the seams do seem quite far down..otherwise nice looking skin you got there bud.
hovitos loincloth
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: I have Kleptomania, but when it gets too bad I take something for it.

Post by hovitos loincloth »

Maybe pics with a slightly stiff armed pose would do it justice? Lovely colour and hide but it seems to have a huge taper at the back.
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Michaelson wrote:Ok, I have to ask....why are your shoulder seams about 3 inches below the end of your shoulders? :-k

If you look at photos of Ford, the reason his seams are below the ends of his shoulder is because the jacket has slid off his shoulders and away from his neck. When his jacket is zipped or pulled up, the seams are at or just below the shoulder where they belong, as seen in this photo.:

http://indygear.com/images/gear/jacket/ ... ket-hd.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking at your pics, your collar is where it's supposed to be without sliding off, and yet the seams are down below your shoulder down on your upper arms.

I'm just curious. It's all subjective, as I know folks can show Ford wearing his jacket with the seams that low, but it's after he's worn the jacket for a while and it's pretty well stretched out to make the seams go that low, so hopefully yours won't go any lower than they already are.

Very nice jacket. :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
His jacket posted here is Last Crusade, not Raiders, so the off the shoulder shouldn't be happening. Still I think the back across is a bit big on this jacket.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Ah, makes sense, as I missed the 'LC' in the subject title :-k

Compared to this photo, not quite as bad.

http://indygear.com/images/gear/jacket/LC-main.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:TOH:

Regards! M
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Uh oh, M is gonna have to go to Remedial Raiders Class!

:rolling: :P
skyhawker
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by skyhawker »

Michaelson may have a point. I think by using Kyle's specs I may have made the yoke slightly to big. I would say the shoulder seam has to be raised up an inch to be spot on. Is this worth the hasstle of returning it to Wested and having the jacket taken apart though? This would be at my cost as I gave them the specs :oops:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

ChrisMD wrote:Uh oh, M is gonna have to go to Remedial Raiders Class!

Laugh it up, big boy. You're going to be wearing bifocals someday. [-( ;)

Skyhawker, no, just wear it. You just got it, and leather 'rides up with wear'....seriously, as cliché as that is, it really does. It may settle in on your body better than we're giving it credit for.

NEVER EVER judge a leather jacket right out of the box. Give it a little time and wear before making a decision.

Regards! Michaelson
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Michaelson wrote:
ChrisMD wrote:Uh oh, M is gonna have to go to Remedial Raiders Class!

Laugh it up, big boy. You're going to be wearing bifocals someday. [-( ;)

Skyhawker, no, just wear it. You just got it, and leather 'rides up with wear'....seriously, as cliché as that is, it really does. It may settle in on your body better than we're giving it credit for.

NEVER EVER judge a leather jacket right out of the box. Give it a little time and wear before making a decision.

Regards! Michaelson

You aren't kiddin'! I'm already getting greys!

OP I think that is a good looking jacket. The pockets do seem a tad pointy but I am really digging the color of it. I still need a LC jacket.
wilbyc82
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by wilbyc82 »

Hi Leigh

This jacket is a good fit. The early confusion regarding the Raiders jacket has been noted. 2 very different jackets.....
Anyhow, the colour appears a shade or 2 light, certainly when compared to the promo picture further up the thread. Are you planning on additional artificial weathering to emphasise the seems on the sleeves and pockets?
skyhawker
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by skyhawker »

HI Colin, the Last Crusade jacket was always lighter than the jacket in the 1st 2 films. They were going for a chocolate colour. Maybe my shrunken lamb is a tad lighter than ideal. I will be adding a bit more weathering to emphasise the seams :TOH:
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

skyhawker wrote:HI Colin, the Last Crusade jacket was always lighter than the jacket in the 1st 2 films. They were going for a chocolate colour. Maybe my shrunken lamb is a tad lighter than ideal. I will be adding a bit more weathering to emphasise the seams :TOH:
Coat of Pecard's will darken it up if that is what you are goin for
moses
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by moses »

How about a pic in a more natural pose? I'd be willing to bet the jacket looks a perfectly fine and nicely LC if you're not standing so robot-like ;)
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

I think that one might be a bit big for you. The pockets seem to look too tall as well IMO.

I like the shrunk lamb too, though the warm chestnut that comes through in sunlight is always a bit of a surprise.

I have always liked the look of the previous LC(s) I have seen you in too.
fateoftheduck
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by fateoftheduck »

The upper back of my Wested LC/CS is outsized, I think. Is it a feature of their version of the jacket? If I had it over, I would order a size down from my normal to try and account for it....
skyhawker
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by skyhawker »

fateoftheduck wrote:The upper back of my Wested LC/CS is outsized, I think. Is it a feature of their version of the jacket? If I had it over, I would order a size down from my normal to try and account for it....
Interesting :-k
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

I like the look of the leather...nice!
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

You got the pocket flaps pretty good they are tall though and the fit does seem a very baggy fit.
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

BEAUTIFUL jacket!
Congrats skyhawker.

I've said this before, IMO the best skin Wested ever had.

Cheers.-
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Nice jacket there,as it´s Shrunken lamb,do ya mind telling,how much it weighs and if it´s stiff and such... :-k
skyhawker
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by skyhawker »

I bought this SL jacket because my LC pre distressed cowhide looks good but weighs a ton and is quite stiff, not very nice to wear on hot summer days (when I am costuming)
The shrunken Lamb is much lighter in weight (and colour) than the cow hide.
The SL leather is thinner and more flexible so it's much better to wear when it's hot :TOH:
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Righty Oh! :) Lightness is the point here :tup: