Comic con safe "whip"

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

chuck2003
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Comic con safe "whip"

Post by chuck2003 »

Any one know of any con safe whips ? I have a del Carpio whip but most cons will not allow you to carry a real 10 ft bull whip. Does any one know of anything that looks like a real whip but can't be used as a whip
Blake Bruning
Vendor

Re: Comic con safe "whip"

Post by Blake Bruning »

Buy a Todd's. It is crackable...but it is more for costume. And it is light on the bank account. I have owned one before. You could argue that it is to light and mearly a costume piece. It is also sometimes.....better to ask forgiveness then permission. Tie the whipholder farther befind you and have it concealed a little...or just place it in your mkv bag until you get in.
Last edited by Blake Bruning on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Barring one of the toy Indy sound effect whips, I doubt anything else will pass Con muster.

Blake's advice is probably the most helpful. ;)
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I thought most Cons if the whip was 'saftey tied' they would be permitted in. I've seen an awful lot of Indy's with whips at cons.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

What if you tied orange tape to the end, like for toy pistols? You know, to show the lobotomies on two legs you don't intend to cross any unapproved chasms...

But seriously, keep it in your bag, then once inside, take it out and tie-wrap it to your belt so it cannot be removed.
Cheers,

Franco