Nice article on Peter and Wested

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Justin
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Nice article on Peter and Wested

Post by Justin »

Saw this online today. Very nice write-up on the history of Wested, Peter, and his role in developing the original Raiders jacket:

http://news.yahoo.com/indiana-jones-39- ... ector.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Congrats, Peter!
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Re: Nice article on Peter and Wested

Post by Texan Scott »

He had fitted Ford, earlier in Hanover St.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Raiders, Temple, Crusade, Hanover Street, Das Boot, Memphis Belle... quite a record for the little barn in Swanley! I'm proud to own a Wested, because it's the original Indy jacket. Bravo to Mr. Botwright and his excellent crew for such an historic achievement in pop culture! Though I would place the Indy jacket at #1 on the list of most recognizable leather jackets in the world. :TOH:
auntsugar
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Back at the workbench....tinkering--always tinkering.

Post by auntsugar »

whipwarrior wrote:Raiders, Temple, Crusade, Hanover Street, Das Boot, Memphis Belle... quite a record for the little barn in Swanley! I'm proud to own a Wested, because it's the original Indy jacket. Bravo to Mr. Botwright and his excellent crew for such an historic achievement in pop culture! Though I would place the Indy jacket at #1 on the list of most recognizable leather jackets in the world. :TOH:
Agreed!!!
While Brando pretty much started the craze--Harrison/Indy made and kept it iconic...and the Indy jacket should be at the top of the list.

If you hung a Brando Jacket next to an Indy jacket at an Expo--everyone is going to gravitate towards the Indy jacket.