Indy gear at Disneyland.

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Indy gear at Disneyland.

Post by indyfan1234 »

Hey was curious if anyone go to Disney in there Indy gear and if they do show of some pics. Trying to start a Indy at Disney thread about wearing your gear there
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Indy gear at Disneyland.

Post by nicktheguy »

Disney is not the place to find any real Indy gear. You can find t-shirts and toys of sorts - but the jackets are no where close to what the Indy jacket even is imho
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

I wasn't meaning there stuff. I ment people wearing your own gear to Disney. I've seen it before. And I even done it twice. Lol. I should have worded my message better.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Here are some from Disneyland as well as WDW

:TOH:

Kyle
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Awesome pics. I've herd some people getting away with bringing the whip and holster of course no gun. But do they actually don't allow those?
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

indyfan1234 wrote:Awesome pics. I've herd some people getting away with bringing the whip and holster of course no gun. But do they actually don't allow those?
It really depends on who is working the day you go. I've been lucky so far and the staff has actually encouraged me to take pics in full gear, but I've also heard of people being asked to either leave the park or change clothes. This is because they don't want the park goers to mistake an Indy fan for a park employee. I was able to bring my whip and gun belt in by putting it in a Disney bag I got from buying a shirt, that way when they checked my bag before entering the park it looked like I could have purchased it at another park or something. But like I said, it really just comes down to how strict the people are that particular day.

Kyle
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Well I'm sure the whip is easier then the holster. But since the raiders holster is pretty smallish, probably could hide the holster in one of the jacket pockets. Probably the inside one because they never ever check pockets or even my jacket pocket. There more conserned for bags.
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

I noticed the pics at Disneyland in California you don't have your whip or holster. Did you decide not to bring it or where you told to put it back to your car?
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

indyfan1234 wrote:I noticed the pics at Disneyland in California you don't have your whip or holster. Did you decide not to bring it or where you told to put it back to your car?
I just didn't bring it in. It was my first experience wearing Indy gear at a Disney Park, so I didn't want to push it. After I went in and they didn't tell me anything, I decided to go with the whip and holster at WDW.

Kyle
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Ohhhh okay cool. Thanks for the reply. I went years ago but didnt have proper gear then. And I was alot younger haha. My girlfriend keeps telling me to go with my gear. (Have season pass) but I want to do some upgrades first. Like new shirt (have Todd's yellow one) new bag (have Todd's very first bag) and a natural tan whip and a SOC fedora. Oh and want to get Todd's pants as there SA I have herd. And Todd's Alden replicas as mine are look alikes but I want the SA look.
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

Great pictures, Thanks for posting :TOH:
Canada Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canada Jones »

Great pics! Love that ride
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Howd you get em to let you climb all over everything? Ill be there in Oct for the Halloween Party in my Indygear.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

ChrisMD wrote:Howd you get em to let you climb all over everything? Ill be there in Oct for the Halloween Party in my Indygear.
Surprisingly, I just asked and they said go for it.

Kyle
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

knibs7 wrote:
ChrisMD wrote:Howd you get em to let you climb all over everything? Ill be there in Oct for the Halloween Party in my Indygear.
Surprisingly, I just asked and they said go for it.

Kyle
Thats awesome! Correct me if i wrong, but isn't the tank at WDW...THE tank from LC? I thought they did a good job with the refurb and german encampment. All looks awesome. Staring at that MG34 nest is a sobering sight. One im glad I never had to face! God bless our WW2 vets. (And all vets for that matter)
Kubrik
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kubrik »

Is that the actual truck from the dragging scene in Raiders?
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Kubrik wrote:Is that the actual truck from the dragging scene in Raiders?
It is said that it is. I remeber hearing that when the ride first opened there was some information paper stated it was the truck. There is also a mine cart in the que from temple if doom there too. Not any of the carts the cast was in just a small one that was in the background.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

ChrisMD wrote: Thats awesome! Correct me if i wrong, but isn't the tank at WDW...THE tank from LC? I thought they did a good job with the refurb and german encampment. All looks awesome. Staring at that MG34 nest is a sobering sight. One im glad I never had to face! God bless our WW2 vets. (And all vets for that matter)
Chris, yes it is THE tank from LC. I have pictures of what it looks like inside that I'll try to find and post (it's pretty rusted and gutted)
I personally wish they would've just left the tank by itself (refurbished, of course). On a side note, the tank barrel is surprisingly VERY sharp on the edges where it explodes from when Indy jams it with the rock. I snagged the top left part of my jacket on it and it tore an inch long gash in it.

Kyle
Kubrik wrote:Is that the actual truck from the dragging scene in Raiders?
Yes, it is the actual truck from Raiders, with a few minor adjustments

Kyle