Pre-distressed webbed belts....

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Pre-distressed webbed belts....

Post by WConly »

I just, in the last week, stumbled onto this web site, then decided to try them out with an order for one brown and one khaki belt, each. Arrived today and I am most impressed. The hardware is really nice and looks distinctly distressed. The belts are a all cotton and the colors are quite good. If this site has already been brought up somewhere else on this forum, then Mod's please delete or move this posting, but if it hasn't, I thought some of you folks just might be interested. Price is great and the delivery super fast and efficient! Check them out, if already haven't: http://www.beltbuckle.com/belts/webbed-cotton-belts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; W>

PS: I would add, that the photo's on this site do not do the belts justice. W>
micsteam
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Pre-distressed webbed belts....

Post by micsteam »

I just bought a brown belt, thanks. :lol:
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

micsteam wrote:I just bought a brown belt, thanks. :lol:
Hope you like it....let me know what you think. I wore my brown today and I really like it. W>
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Another great site for pants web belts with your choice of different hardware:

http://straitcity.com/display/webbing/m ... otton.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Cajunkraut wrote:Another great site for pants web belts with your choice of different hardware:

http://straitcity.com/display/webbing/m ... otton.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cool site, thanks! Looks though, that you would need to ask for the 'tips' for the belts, otherwise they come without. At least, that's how I am reading it. Very interesting. W>
Duck9000
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Duck9000 »

Great sites. Thanks for sharing :tup:
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

WConly wrote:
Cajunkraut wrote:Another great site for pants web belts with your choice of different hardware:

Cool site, thanks! Looks though, that you would need to ask for the 'tips' for the belts, otherwise they come without. At least, that's how I am reading it. Very interesting. W>
Bought the 4002 dark brown with antique brass recently. Fair price, fast shipping, and good quality. They'll even do custom lengths if you call them.

They don't show it in the pictures for some reason, but tips are included, and they match your buckle.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Cajunkraut wrote:
WConly wrote:

Bought the 4002 dark brown with antique brass recently. Fair price, fast shipping, and good quality. They'll even do custom lengths if you call them.

They don't show it in the pictures for some reason, but tips are included, and they match your buckle.

Now we're talkin' :D ! Thanks for this update! I like several of their offerings, especially the dark brown, taupe and the Colorado khaki! Thanks, again! W>
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

WConly wrote:
Cajunkraut wrote:
WConly wrote:

Now we're talkin' :D ! Thanks for this update! I like several of their offerings, especially the dark brown, taupe and the Colorado khaki! Thanks, again! W>
Ok! Ordered just last week (at end of week) arrived today -- dark brown, charcoal gray and Colorado khaki :tup: , :tup: ! They are superb! Love the antique buckles and tips on these and the belts are very pliable -- not to floppy -- but not stiff-stiff, either! Great belts! Great price point and incredible turn-around service! Thanks 'Cajunkrut!' You turned me on to a great site here :TOH: ! W>
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

A few years back I had bought so many "tan" and "khaki" belts from just about every vendor trying to find the same color used in KotCS. I finally came across the Straitcity site and found it. I was so pleased and posted it here.

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... ng#p765009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Glad to help, Conly! :TOH:
auntsugar
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Back at the workbench....tinkering--always tinkering.

Post by auntsugar »

Belts? BELTS????
Ahhheeemmmmmm.....:
http://www.rothco.com/product-details/r ... web-belts-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can't beat these prices! I send all of my "other" troops here for their web belts.
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I just ordered a dark brown belt from straitcity.com. I went with the blackened bronze buckle. I can't believe how inexpensive they were ($7.91 shipped). I needed a new belt outside of work. Thanks for the info guys.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Yeah...these guys are great! I am sooooo pleased and happy that 'Cajun' turned me on this site! Great belts, great price points and fast, reliable service! Very, very pleased :TOH: ! W>
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

WConly wrote:Yeah...these guys are great! I am sooooo pleased and happy that 'Cajun' turned me on this site! Great belts, great price points and fast, reliable service! Very, very pleased :TOH: ! W>
:) :tup:

Comparing my straitcity belt to my Rothco, I can confidently say that for about the same price, the quality of straitcity's webbing and hardware is a bit better (I eventually gave my brand-new Rothco away). For a decent solid brass buckle, it's eBay to the rescue.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

SOLID BRASS BUCKLES AND TIPS

Post by lantzn »

Last edited by lantzn on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maxadur
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Maxadur »

Thanks for the links, my friend.
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I just ordered another web belt with a brass buckle from Straightcity.com. $7.91 shipped. You can't beat those prices.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

DiCatania wrote:I just ordered another web belt with a brass buckle from Straightcity.com. $7.91 shipped. You can't beat those prices.
Agreed and the quality and delivery time cannot be beat either. Good stuff, here! W>
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

DiCatania wrote:I just ordered another web belt with a brass buckle from Straightcity.com. $7.91 shipped. You can't beat those prices.
This is the only company I could find that carried the correct color for the KotCS belt. I searched and bought just about everyone's khaki belt until I found them. Needless to say I was extremely happy with their price. Their buckle selection was also second to none. They are the go to company for web belts.
TheBartender
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by TheBartender »

Anyone who has ordered a web belt from straitcity, which belt color and buckle would you say is the closest to the "Raiders" belt?
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

TheBartender wrote:Anyone who has ordered a web belt from straitcity, which belt color and buckle would you say is the closest to the "Raiders" belt?
Raiders and Temple used the dark brown one.
http://straitcity.com/detail/cotton_mil ... _4002.html
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

No, Temple did not use dark brown.

The coyote tan/brown was used for Temple.
TheBartender
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by TheBartender »

Perfect, I ended up getting the dark brown with antique brass, their shipping is surprisingly fast.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Holt wrote:No, Temple did not use dark brown.

The coyote tan/brown was used for Temple.
They need to fix the description on this page, which is where I looked.
http://indygear.com/igaccessories.html

Web Belt
The belt holding up Indy's pants was a World War II Army Officer's style cotton web belt. In Raiders and Temple, the web belt is a dark brown while in Last Crusade and Crystal Skull it's a light brown/khaki/sand color. Although some people report seeing a dark brown web belt during some scenes of Last Crusade. The web belts are inexpensive and relatively easy to find at many Army-Navy Surplus stores and numerous websites on the World Wide Web.
Nitz146
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Nitz146 »

Not sure if this is a new theory by Holt but he explains it in greater detail in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=65617" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Nitz146 wrote:Not sure if this is a new theory by Holt but he explains it in greater detail in this thread.

Looking at Holt's thread I would say his ToD belts look to be Straightcity's taupe color. What do you think?
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss23 ... 16ctag.jpg
http://straitcity.com/detail/cotton_can ... _4002.html
kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by kozmoedave »

Glad this thread popped up. What would you guys say as far as the buckle from Strait City, "antique brass"?
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

kozmoedave wrote:Glad this thread popped up. What would you guys say as far as the buckle from Strait City, "antique brass"?
They're nice. But a distressed solid brass (or apparently brass plated) buckle is still more SA.
Nitz146
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Nitz146 »

lantzn wrote:
Nitz146 wrote:Not sure if this is a new theory by Holt but he explains it in greater detail in this thread.

Looking at Holt's thread I would say his ToD belts look to be Straightcity's taupe color. What do you think?
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss23 ... 16ctag.jpg
http://straitcity.com/detail/cotton_can ... _4002.html
To my eyes that's looks about right. Good find.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Cajunkraut wrote:
kozmoedave wrote:Glad this thread popped up. What would you guys say as far as the buckle from Strait City, "antique brass"?
They're nice. But a distressed solid brass (or apparently brass plated) buckle is still more SA.
You can easily find originals (solid brass) with wonderful patina all over the place. Just Google WWII military buckles. I found a half dozen or so and the prices were inexpensive. Further up in this thread I posted a link to new solid brass ones if you want to go that route.
kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by kozmoedave »

Got it, thanks!
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

Great site. Thanks for posting that.
McQ7
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by McQ7 »

This thread is awesome. I love the details on the discovery of the CS belt color and type, and http://straitcity.com/display/webbing/m ... otton.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; prices are fantastic.
I notice that the CS color "4002 khaki" comes only in the dress weight, whereas the Raiders color "4002 dark brown" comes in both dress weight and field weight options. Has anyone purchased the field weight version, or is everyone going with the dress weight?
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

McQ7 wrote:This thread is awesome. I love the details on the discovery of the CS belt color and type, and http://straitcity.com/display/webbing/m ... otton.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; prices are fantastic.
I notice that the CS color "4002 khaki" comes only in the dress weight, whereas the Raiders color "4002 dark brown" comes in both dress weight and field weight options. Has anyone purchased the field weight version, or is everyone going with the dress weight?
The Straightcity's dress weight is plenty heavy. When I first tried finding the CS color I bought many brands and some were very thick and heavy, which I imagine is this field weight they mention. I prefer the dress weight to those rigid belts.

One of my photos shows the heavy belt. It's the light one on the right.
http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... =+Web+belt
McQ7
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by McQ7 »

Thanks for the info! Did you every try to find a color match from straitcity.com to OD #3 (the earlier, light olive "khaki") or the original webbing on the gas bag in your pic?
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

McQ7 wrote:Thanks for the info! Did you every try to find a color match from straitcity.com to OD #3 (the earlier, light olive "khaki") or the original webbing on the gas bag in your pic?
I'm not following. My bag with strap was just in the photo, as are the pants to show how the colors all look against the different belts I had bought. The bag is an original WWII bag.
McQ7
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by McQ7 »

I meant in your pursuit of the right color from straitcity.com., did you happen to order other colors and if so did you find any to be a good match for the color called Olive Drab #3 (like the SEMS belt) or the true khaki colored bag strap? While I am interested in the CS film color, since they're so afforable I'm also curious to know if any other of their belt colors in person match a true early WWII olive drab #3 color.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

No I haven't but I would think the desert khaki and parchment (or natural) might be similar to the other two colors.

McQ7
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by McQ7 »

lantzn wrote:No I haven't but I would think the desert khaki and parchment (or natural) might be similar to the other two colors.

Good to hear, as I was also thinking that the desert khaki might be a good light OD#3 color. :tup: