Help fixing hole in Wested lining.

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Repairman Jack
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Help fixing hole in Wested lining.

Post by Repairman Jack »

I just noticed two small (a little larger than pinhead-sized) holes in the cotton lining of my year-old Wested... hardly big enough to warrent replacing the liner, but I'd really like to stop them before they get any bigger. Should I just patch them, or sew them, or just bite the bullet and send the jacket to be fixed?

Thanks,
RJ
Farnham54
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Farnham54 »

I would imagine that just sewing a piece over top would be a very viable option, or even just lash the heck out if it with brown thread (if it is a small hole) and patch it that way)

Or, worse comes to worse, use a bit of "goop" on it; you can get the stuff at most hardware stores and it is available for every type of material imaginable--from shoe leather to vinyl seat covers, and cotton too.

Regards,

Farn
Striver
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Striver »

Hi guys,
I'm definately no seam-stress (if I try hard I can put on a button) but I reckon you have to be careful putting on patches, because the holes you sew in (around the patch) "concentrate stresses" (engineering speak) and could be where bigger holes develop. Sticking on a patch would probably be a better idea if you can get the right glue (check for glue-material compatability). Maybe you'de better live with it.

All the best,

Striver