Joe Strain CS

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Joe Strain CS

Post by BendingOak »

Wanted to share my 10 foot CS whip that Joe strain made for me. First I have to say that this is my 2nd whip I own of Joe's and his work is just out of this world fantastic. I don't think he's human myself. The one thing for sure is it's hard to find better in my opinion. He's also a very nice guy to talk with. He put up with talking on the phone for who knows how long. lets move on to the pics because I'm sure thats what everyone wants to see.

Again, thank you Joe for another wonderful work of art.

John
JStrain
Vendor

Re: Joe Strain CS

Post by JStrain »

Thanks, John! High praise from an artisan such as yourself!
~Joe
Zuiun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zuiun »

I'm just going to come out and say that I really can't stand Joe's whips. And here's why:

The one I own is just so freakin' awesome that it makes me want to empty my bank account to buy more. Joe's craftsmanship is just plain diabolical in that way.

(I'm pretty sure that when I finally buy one, I'll feel the same way about one of your hats, too, John...)

:lol:

And that's a fantastic looking Crystal Skull whip.
Dr. Nebraska S.

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

A 10-ft Joe Strain CS--that actually would be my dream-whip. =P~ Thanks for sharing the photos, John--it looks great! Enjoy! :whip:

:TOH: Best wishes,
Nebraska S.
J. Roed
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by J. Roed »

Beautiful whip!!! I want an Indy 10 footer as well...
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

JStrain wrote:Thanks, John! High praise from an artisan such as yourself!
~Joe

Your welcome, You are the true Artisan my friend. Your work is outstanding. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

I wanted to say this about Joe's whips too...

I recently bought a 10 footer secondhand from a guy who'd had it for a few years at least...I approached Joe about what model he thought it was, and he replied in detail and offered a re-do on the Turk's head knot since his pattern must have changed some since the whip was made...

I was impressed by the offer, as well as the information of course...It shows the true "artisan" nature John's talking about...Interested in the whips..Not what they bring him...It impressed me as well..

I didn't think making a whole new post about it was really fair..But adding it after John's compliment makes sense..I hope you'll excuse my hijacking your thread John?

I agree entirely..Joe's whips are stunning. :TOH:
BALLROLLER
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BALLROLLER »

That whip is a thing of beauty!