Wested Indy Trousers

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Wested Indy Trousers

Post by MARQ »

This has been discussed again and again,but has anybody bought within the last month or so Wested pants? Have they updated them.... :-k
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Wested Indy Trousers

Post by knibs7 »

They've had the same pattern since I've been in this hobby which is 4 years now, so I doubt they've updated them. (Even though it's been talked about before as to why they don't make them more SA)

Kyle
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

I posted on the Wested combo deal, and for what you get, I was very pleased. I really like the Wested pants, as they fit better, and seem to channel the LC vibe better, imo.
donovan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by donovan »

Hi- I purchased a pair about a month ago.They are still not as screen accurate as they could be but ,compared to the pair i got a year ago, they are improved.The legs are not so tapered,the pocket flaps are shaped slightly different and the inside of the waist band has a rubberey strip inserted to hold your shirt in.For the price they are a great pair of indy pants :D
Adventure Dog
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Adventure Dog »

Hey Donovan, could you put up some pictures to give everyone an idea of how the new pants look? I'd love to see them.
donovan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by donovan »

Adventure Dog- i'll try to get some pics up.The differences between the old and new are minimal ,they are still the same colour as before ,same weight 100% cavalry wool twill.The change i noticed ,as mentioned above, there is less of a taper in the legs towards the ankle .The rear pocket flaps are shaped a little different (still not SA).But for me ,living in the UK,these are best available option for the money. :TOH:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

I like the idea that there now doing what Todd has done with his, that rubber strip on the inside is key.
Love my Todds, a little more baggy in the crotch area :oops: than I like, my Wested from several years back is more to my liking, may have to investigate a new pair. :-k

Croft :mrgreen:
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Wested seems better than Todd´s to me because I really don´t like the low crotch..I prefer the modern look,or what ever it is called :tup: Pics anybody?
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=53379" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have enjoyed the Wested's because regardless of the article, (jacket, shirt, pants) for me, the fit has been very comfortable. To comment on the "rise" so to speak, I think I may understand why Todd patterned his pants as he did. It was per the movie. Yet you take a guy who is wearing basically officer's dress pants and put him in action sequences in 120-130f heat, and due to the action, perspiration, etc., the waist would ride down and settle on the hip bone. That could explain why his pants were patterened that way, and the fact that pants were worn mid-stomach in those days. I know it's a big deal to some, but I'm not going to bark too much about the flaps not looking a certain way.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

well,to me the position of the flaps and all that is a lot of nonsense,as long as they have flaps,color´s grey and fit is good...and the modern look :TOH:
J.W.
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by J.W. »

How do you guys care for the Wested Indy trousers? Do you send them to the cleaner's or hand wash them yourselves? In the latter case: do they need ironing after line-drying?
donovan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by donovan »

Hi- i have hand washed my wested trousers myself many times and have never had any problems .The key is to use "COLD" water .Hang on the line to dry, a quick once over with the iron (no front crease in the legs though !) and your good to go . :D
InLikeFlynn
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by InLikeFlynn »

I had a pair of Wested Indy trousers a long time ago but I cannot remember the width of the belt loops or what the maximum width of belt will fit in the loops. Anybody care to measure theirs?
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Hi, I have a Wested and here are the maesurement I belive your looking for.

7/16" in width, and height about 1-1/2 or depending how you measure 1-5/8".
I also measured a web belt and it measured 1-1/4"

Hope this helps.

Croft :mrgreen:
InLikeFlynn
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by InLikeFlynn »

Thanks Croft, that's exactly the information I was looking for. Sure appreciate the help. ;)
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

My main complaint with the Wested trousers is the length - 35" unfinished??

I need 35" *finished*, and how can I do the proper military hem with nothing at all to work with? Isn't the proper hem 4"?

Are all Gearheads actually that much shorter than me? What have you taller guys done?
Zoltar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zoltar »

I'm 5'10" and when Hemmed In the correct Indy fashion there's nothing to spare on the Wested's, as I'm average height (for a UK male) I've always thought they should be quite a bit longer for the other half of you guys out there!
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

Wow, Zoltar. I'm 6'-1'' with a 31''-32'' inseam and had my tailor do a proper military hem on mine and they turned out just fine. You sure they were unfinished at the mentioned length?

jlhampton
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

LZeitgeist wrote:My main complaint with the Wested trousers is the length - 35" unfinished??

I need 35" *finished*, and how can I do the proper military hem with nothing at all to work with? Isn't the proper hem 4"?

Are all Gearheads actually that much shorter than me? What have you taller guys done?
thats kind of what i think..im only 6'2" workedout a number of years so im a little larger up top..i need a 52" or 54" jacket and it seemed NOBODY ever had one for sale and if you want that big of a jacket it cost more..so I settled for a new Wested 50"..same with pants and shirts I see people post..its like everyone here is like 5'-5'8" and 170lbs..lol..
Zoltar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zoltar »

Sounds about the same inseam as me, I must just have a weird short body or something? :lol:
jlhampton wrote:Wow, Zoltar. I'm 6'-1'' with a 31''-32'' inseam and had my tailor do a proper military hem on mine and they turned out just fine. You sure they were unfinished at the mentioned length?

jlhampton
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Anybody gotta updates from new Wested trousers.please!?
Capt. Blumburtt
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Capt. Blumburtt »

Hey everyone,

I did contact Wested the other day about the trouser inseam length and they told me that they can be custom made in any length I need. but that would be they cannot be returned. I'm 32x34 and wanted to have the military seam as well so I'd need about a 32x38 or so. Wow, I cant believe this is my first post in 4 years or so. I'm always here, just never post. Need to change that haha.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

On their FB they said it would be £10 extra and they can do a custom length. Sounds good to me. They have also adjusted teh packet flaps now... more pointy.