Walther PPK/S

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Walther PPK/S

Post by Mark Brody »

While Indy never used a PPK, Walter Donovan used one to shoot Henry Sr. (and they intentionally had the James Bond actor shot with his own iconic pistol). This is the PPK/S variant - it was originally designed due to import restrictions in the U.S. The PPK was too light to import, but by putting the PPK slide on the larger PP frame, giving it the extra ounce or two, the PPK/S is legal to import. This one is a .22lr made by Manurhin in France (who I understand made excellent Walther pistols), and she's a beauty. If the seller who listed the pistol online had also mentioned that it comes in the original box with the original test fire target and certificate, I'm sure I would have lost this to someone willing to pay twice as much, so I kinda feel like I won the lottery with this one. She shoots great, but the magazine sits a little high in the grip, causing the slide to sometimes lock back before the magazine is emptied. I'll gladly submit myself to do a little research on how to fix this one for the price I paid. Feast your eyes...

Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Walther PPK/S

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Very nice! Now you're ready for LC and 007 fun!

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyRiv »

"The names Bond... James... NO! It's Henry Jones Sr... or is it Bond? I'm a secret agent... NO! I'm a professor of Medieval Literature the students hope they don't get... or am I? Who am I?! #-o ](*,) "

:TOH:
Mr. Fusion 1138
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Mr. Fusion 1138 »

NICE! I would love, LOVE to have a PPK or PPK/S. Congrats!
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Beautiful! Where did you get it from, and what do they normally run for, when you've looked?

Shane
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Pacific Ocean: 19 29.84 N - 155 54.62 W Occupation: Archaeologist "Licensed to Kill"

Post by Indiana Bond »

With a name like Indiana Bond it wouldn't be right if I didn't have a Walther PPK in my collection! Here is a pic of my PPK along with some of the other Last Crusade handguns in my collection.

It's a true PPK with the shorter grip frame and is chambered in .38 ACP.

Thanks again!

Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

Nice piece, Brody! I think you have the same PPK/S I have. Now all we need to get is the finger extenders for the magazines.

:TOH:
MustangLoverMex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by MustangLoverMex »

Wonderful guns over there! Thanks for sharing them! :clap:
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

McFly wrote:Beautiful! Where did you get it from, and what do they normally run for, when you've looked?

Shane
I saw one online that was stamped "Walther" in just about the same condition as mine (though it was probably made my Manurhin anyway, despite the markings) and it sold for upwards of $2000. I got mine off Guns America for about $800.
Havana
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Havana »

The current production PPK's run between $500-600 depending on your location. Most are stainless steel but blued ones are still available. It makes an excellent pocket gun.
westy1970
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by westy1970 »

I have a stainless .380 and carry it everyday (legal in 33 states in the U.S.). I had some work done to mine like rounding off the sharp edges and rubber grips went a long way to improving the accuracy. You have a great looking collection, there and I am envious.
trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by trdaggers »

I've had quite a few over the years. The only thing I hated about them is the slide use to tear the heck out of the skin between my thumb and first finger. I always grip to high on the handle and no matter how I try I do it again the next time I'd shot it. Big dummy!

Gailen
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

The PP series is notorious for "Walther Bite". Smith and Wesson tried to fix this when they took over production by extending the tang, and I've not been "bitten" by my S&W PPK/S.
trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by trdaggers »

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll revisit the S&W version.

Gailen