indy lid 3 and 4

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Aragorn658
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

indy lid 3 and 4

Post by Aragorn658 »

Ok how different are the LC and KOTSC fedoras? Without the mention on the cowboy curl of the LC. I mean the brim the crown etc... They look kinda alike but I could be dead wrong. Thanks guys.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: indy lid 3 and 4

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

If I remember it all correctly... the brim on 4 was narrower on the sides by a little bit, the crown block was a Raiders, and the bash was more or less LC. Steve Delk described the Indy 4 hat to me, on the phone, as a hybrid of Raiders and LC.
mcmanm
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mcmanm »

Love the CS fedora. Has become my favorite. it's probably because it has the best attributes of the other lids
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

mcmanm wrote:Love the CS fedora. Has become my favorite. it's probably because it has the best attributes of the other lids
With you all the way on this one, plus the quality of the hat shows through on the screen! :tup: , for this one, all the way! W>
Dr. Nebraska S.

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

I would also say one other difference between the LC and CS lids is that the side dents or creases of the CS fedora are longer and go further towards the back than those of the LC. Compare these side views of the Raiders fedora (sides) and Last Crusade fedora (middle):

...with this side view of my Adventurebilt Crystal Skull fedora:

As you can see, while the top of the side crease/dent of the LC fedora doesn't quite reach halfway to the back of the fedora, the top of the side crease/dent of the CS fedora does reach about halfway back.

:TOH: Best wishes,
Nebraska Schulte
mcmanm
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mcmanm »

I know Steve has probably mentioned it, but does anyone have the front and back crown measurements for the Hero CS?
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Why, imagine that—it's on the main gear site! Who knew?
http://indygear.com/igfedora.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)