whip key lanyard

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Misa
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

whip key lanyard

Post by Misa »

Hello to all

I just saw 64plaited whip by Bernie47 and it is magnificent. Before I promised to post pictures, the small whip-like key chain. It's easy to make and looks nice. if you have any questions about this feel free to ask.

ShanghaiJack
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

whip key lanyard

Post by ShanghaiJack »

Very cool Misa! Thanks for sharing.
riku1914
Vendor

Re: whip key lanyard

Post by riku1914 »

I tried making one of these but didn't have the patience , good job!
Misa
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Misa »

You do not need patience to make this. Just cut the tape of leather, length of 60 cm, 2 cm wide, and divided it into four strips and starts plaiting from the top, not as usual, from the handle. When you stay on the 7 inch reverse plaiting from round to flat about 2 inch (plaited length) flip over and make loop, and insert remaining strands in previous 4strand round plait. At the end just make two crown knots one over another and press it tightly. When start plaiting make fall that looks like an elongated triangle and then start to plait...
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

Misa wrote:You do not need patience to make this. Just cut the tape of leather, length of 60 cm, 2 cm wide, and divided it into four strips and starts plaiting from the top, not as usual, from the handle. When you stay on the 7 inch reverse plaiting from round to flat about 2 inch (plaited length) flip over and make loop, and insert remaining strands in previous 4strand round plait. At the end just make two crown knots one over another and press it tightly. When start plaiting make fall that looks like an elongated triangle and then start to plait...
I know it doesn't take a long time, what I meant was I wanted it to go quicker than it should, so I just don't do it anymore. I plait

normal whips from the handle down like that.