Whip Shoulder Holster

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

bernie47
Vendor
Location: In the workshop making whips.Western Creek Tasmania Australia

Whip Shoulder Holster

Post by bernie47 »

I was recently asked by a customer if I could make him a shoulder holster for his whips. He had seen a movie called The Gunfighters and in the movie one of the heroes had a shoulder holster for his bull whip. If you can get
hold of this movie it is well worth watching just for the whip fight at the beginning with one of the baddies being the late Alex Green. It was made sometime in the late 80's but is still worth watching just for the whip scenes. I purchased it from Amazon for about $6.00 from memory and it is still available.
Always up for a challenge I went ahead and made one up and I think it turned out quite well plus the customer was very happy. His comments are below. The straps are held up with Velcro but before I sent it I added a couple of snaps for extra security.

Customers response:
Bernie,
I received the shoulder whip holder that you made for me. I must say that it is as well made as all of your whips and accessories. 100% perfect. I could of not of expected more. Any whip length that I put in it, is securely held in place and the whip can be removed with just a flip of my wrist. I know that I am going to be asked by everyone who see this as to where I have gotten it. I will gladly recommend you and your work.
Bernie, I want you to know that you can use this testimonial and a picture of the shoulder whip holder in your catalog and on your web site.

Take care and hope to be talking to you again soon,
Michael
Photo is here at the top of the page, just click the thumbnail for a full size photo. http://www.em-brand-whips.com/bullpics.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
riku1914
Vendor

Re: Whip Shoulder Holster

Post by riku1914 »

I like that a lot! Turned out great, as the customer already made clear :TOH:
PyramidBlaster
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: "Tampa, Florida--Or, how I learned to stop worrying, and love the Bomb..."

Post by PyramidBlaster »

Y'know, as big a fan of shoulder holsters that I am for pistols, I can't believe I never thought of this idea! It looks incredible! Time for a dual-crossdraw rig.....!
thefish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by thefish »

I like it Bernie!

I like it a lot!

Kudos!
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

Finally someone does it! Great work Bernie!

Franco
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

Is there anything your can't do? Great work :clap:
Jim
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I have to say, that is a very cool and interesting piece. :clap:
bernie47
Vendor
Location: In the workshop making whips.Western Creek Tasmania Australia

Post by bernie47 »

Cracker wrote:Is there anything your can't do? Great work :clap:
Jim
I tell my grand children on a regular basis Jim that "Grandpa's know all and can do all". The youngest, who is 8 still believes me but the others just shake their heads and say, yes, we've heard it all before. :D I have to give credit to one of Al Stolmans books on how to make belts and holsters.You can still buy the book today from Tandy so if anyone wants to give it a try get the book and have at it. I used to also do a lot of saddle repairs which has left me with three industrial sewing machines which helps a lot with the stitching. Thanks for all the kind comments,much appreciated.In what seems another lifetime I used to carve a lot of leather and still have all the books and tools that come in handy from time to time. The holster is just an ordinary shoulder holster rig with an attachment for holding a whip.
Kind Regards
Bernie
InLikeFlynn
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by InLikeFlynn »

This is interesting, back in 1982 I made a shoulder holster for my old lead handled bullwhip and proceeded to wear it whilst bumming around southern Alaska. Mine was made of old white paracord, a few snaps, and scraps of an old logging boot. Yours is far superior in design and materials. Congratulations in bringing an interesting idea to a successful reality.