Great Kids' Fedora at H&M

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Kredepops
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Great Kids' Fedora at H&M

Post by Kredepops »

I found this wool fedora at my local H&M, it was in the womens section. I've been looking for a decent fedora for my kid for some time, and this one is cheap and looks much better than any of the stiff official licensed fedoras I've looked at.

The ribbon is a bit too light in colour but I can fix that, the bow is nice though. The edge of the brim is bent double and stiched, but I think that'll make for a more durable hat when he's out playing. It's very soft and floppy.

Here next to my AB size 60: Image
Very cute, it's like a scaled down fedora :) It was pretty easy to shape, just wet it a bit and now it holds the shape rather well. Looks almost like a ToD hat with all that taper.
It cost me $24 and my boy loves it.
Jedirun
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Great Kids' Fedora at H&M

Post by Jedirun »

That looks great. I may try to find one for my son. It looks much better than the officially licensed hats.
Oildale Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Oildale Jones »

Nice! My wife loves H&M (and I love their prices). I showed this to her and she said, "Oh, is that for me so we can all have one?" :D
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Oildale Jones wrote:Nice! My wife loves H&M (and I love their prices). I showed this to her and she said, "Oh, is that for me so we can all have one?" :D
Better she say that at H&M than at the hospital nursery!

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Kredepops
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kredepops »

My kid just loves his fedora, usually he hates hats but when I put this on him, he'll crawl around with it on for hours on end. He pulls it down tightly over his head, I think it has something to do with the fact that he's seen me with my fedora. He can't talk yet, he's only 1 year and 4 months old but it just warms my heart to see him love that hat so much.

WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Kredepops wrote:My kid just loves his fedora, usually he hates hats but when I put this on him, he'll crawl around with it on for hours on end. He pulls it down tightly over his head, I think it has something to do with the fact that he's seen me with my fedora. He can't talk yet, he's only 1 year and 4 months old but it just warms my heart to see him love that hat so much.

I note however, that in the third picture he has already decided to give it his own bash ;) ! Boy...you have really got him trained in this hobby at an early age. Good show :tup: ! W>
Kredepops
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kredepops »

Hahaha, You're right! :lol: 'Stupid Dad, I don't want a Temple bash - I'll do this!'
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Congratulations Christian! That's a great looking and happy little man you have there. My joy for you and your wife are beyond words. :clap: