New Henry on the Way! (And hello from an old member!)

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

indyrocks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

New Henry on the Way! (And hello from an old member!)

Post by indyrocks »

hello all-

I've not posted here since 2008!!! So greetings to one and all. I've been living in Israel on and off the past couple of years while doing graduate work. I'm now back permanently in the US and getting back to some old habits. ;)

So I had (that's right, had ) an AB beaver which Steve generously made for me a couple of years ago in time for my travels to the Middle East. Well, the hat was well-worn and accompanied me almost everywhere. Most unfortunately, it lost its life when taken by a strong gust of desert wind and then deposited under an Israel tractor, which promptly proceeded to tear it in half! :o :o :o :o

This was a very sad accident for which the driver felt very bad (he didn't do it on purpose). Needless to say, this is a bummer, man! I've since recovered form the shock and have decided to order a grey Henry from Penman, since I didn't want to deal with any wait times, etc. I hope the Henry will suffice, although I don't think that the AB was replaceable! It should be on its way today or tomorrow! Pics soon to follow...

Cheers,
IndyRocks
Last edited by indyrocks on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwh
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: New Henry on the Way! (And hello from an old member!)

Post by kwh »

indyrocks wrote:hello all-

I've not posted here since 2008!!! So greetings to one and all. I've been living in Israel on and off the past couple of years while doing graduate work. I'm now back permanently in the US and getting back to some old habits. ;)

So I had (that's right, had ) an AB beaver which Steve generously made for me a couple of years ago in time for my travels to the Middle East. Well, the hat was well-worn and accompanied my almost everywhere. Most unfortunately, it lost its life when taken by a strong gust of desert wind and then deposited under an Israel tractor, which promptly proceeded to tear it in half! :o :o :o :o

This was a very sad accident for which the driver felt very bad (he didn't do it on purpose). Needless to say, this *****! I've since recovered form the shock and have decided to order a grey Henry from Penman, since I didn't want to deal with any wait times, etc. I hope the Henry will suffice, although I don't think that the AB was replaceable! It should be on its way today or tomorrow! Pics soon to follow...

Cheers,
IndyRocks

well,sounded like the ab was like you said well worn.and it left it's mark israel.i joined back in 09.and nice to know you.and a great story.look foward to seeing that knew henry. :TOH:

keith
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Welcome home! :TOH:

Sorry to hear about your AB. :(

You'll be very pleased with your new Henry. I got to examine one a couple yearsa ago, and it felt just like the AB 100% beaver I was wearing at the time.

VERY well made hat.

Let us see it when you get it!

Once again, glad you found your way back! :M: :tup:

HIGH regards! Michaelson
j2m
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by j2m »

Hi Indyrocks,

Welcome back first of all :H: , secondly I am sorry to hear about the lost AB, must have a gut-sinking moment :shock: but am also 100% sure that you will more than happy with you Henry!!!
It is a superb hat :whip: I own one myself and it hasn't dissapointed me in anyway!!! Buttersoft feel and it behaves so well!!!
I look forward seeing some pics soon

Regards
JM :TOH:
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Didn't you sell me one of the two AB's you had way back then? :-k

anyhow, Welcome back!

Regards, Geert
indyrocks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyrocks »

gwyddion wrote:Didn't you sell me one of the two AB's you had way back then? :-k

anyhow, Welcome back!

Regards, Geert

Indeed I did! How is it these days? Still got it I hope??

Thanks for the greetings friends! :TOH:
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Still have it :TOH: Sorry I had to ask, but I'm dreadfully terrible at names :oops: Did you finally sell that gorgeous TN jacket you wanted to sell to fund your travels or did you keep it? The one in that lighter shade of brown I mean.

Again, Welcome back my friend, and please do stay around this time ;)

Kind regards, Geert
indyrocks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyrocks »

gwyddion wrote:Still have it :TOH: Sorry I had to ask, but I'm dreadfully terrible at names :oops: Did you finally sell that gorgeous TN jacket you wanted to sell to fund your travels or did you keep it? The one in that lighter shade of brown I mean.

Again, Welcome back my friend, and please do stay around this time ;)

Kind regards, Geert

hey no worries, it HAS been 3 years! I did, in fact, sell the TN jacket. I've recently learned of his passing, and am very sorry to hear it! Too young and too cool of a guy!

I'm less into gear these days-most of my extra cash goes to my "real" gear obsession: vintage fuzz pedals. I'm a guitar player and that's my thing. However, as a doctoral student I try to take myself somewhat seriously :P (not really) so I'm looking for a nice wanna be professor outfit. The grey henry ought to be a nice touch...

It's good to be back!
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Being a guitarist myself I can understand the obsession about vintage fuzz pedals ;) The Henry is a good hat with arguably the most comfortable sweat around. You can't go wrong with one!

Regards, Geert