Fixed blade knife sheaths

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

PsychicsAndSwords
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Fixed blade knife sheaths

Post by PsychicsAndSwords »

So after I finish my bags (and assuming I can figure out the dye color) I was thinking of making myself some sheaths for a couple of knives I have. I wanted to do them in colors similar to the Indy holsters (since I'm not into guns but do like knives and wanted something Indy-reminiscent).

Anyway, I was just wondering if there might be any interest out there if I were to make a few extra to sell... assuming nobody's doing this already, I haven't researched it much yet. Just an idea that popped into my head this morning. :-k
unplugged
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Fixed blade knife sheaths

Post by unplugged »

I have been wanting to try the same thing myself. So, I am definitely looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :TOH:
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

How about a sheath inspired by the ToD knife? I've been looking for on that straps across the back. Something like this:

:ToH:
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

I'd be interested to see what you can cook up. I have a Ka-Bar USMC knife that I use almost daily, and although it comes with an excellent leather sheath, I've always wanted to customize a sheath for it. Classic vertical carry, with a place to hold a heavy gauge ferrocerium rod.

:tup:

Weston
PsychicsAndSwords
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by PsychicsAndSwords »

Ha! I actually juuuust recently got a Ka-bar, which is what gave me the idea in the first place. I have that and a smaller Buck knife I got from LL Bean a while back. I was thinking of trying the Ka-bar in a Raiders-holster colored sheath, and the smaller one in the darker version.
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

This is funny! I just recently purchased some scrap leather from Wade Egan for a Bowie knife I have. I've pretty much decided how I'm gonna do it, but I'll be interested to see what you come up with.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I'll be interested as well. :-k

I have a custom knife that is in temporary 'quarters', and has been since I got it. :?

Regards! Michaelson