A little story and I'm in need of a Re-block

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

A little story and I'm in need of a Re-block

Post by Ripper »

Hello, I haven't posted here in a looooong time. Some of you might remember me, Bink , Michaelson ;) ...... awhile back I had to basically sell off everything that I owned, all of my Indy gear went so I could basically stay alive. My now ex wife cheated on me then tossed me to the street, my mother took my son and I in and saved us from a shelter. I ended up losing my job and was in the bottom of a pit basically... this was about March of 2008.... I'm Much better now, I've been seeing the love of my life for just over a year now... my job stinks but I'm making money and working and living again.... :TOH: Anyway an extremely generous fellow here on COW did not want me to see Indy 4 without at least a fedora on my head , he was able to procure me a new Camptown... It was the most generous act a person has done for me in a very long time....he doesn't really know what it meant to me ! I am ashamed that I haven't kept in better contact with him...I truly am... :oops:..... I tip my coffee mug to you my friend...Now it is time for a re-block and I would like the ribbon and bow replaced. I am not sure who offers this service anymore. Yes, I could search but wanted to tell my story a little bit and wanted to hear your opinions. I try not to be a cheap person but I don't make a lot and need to go the cheapest route.

Thank you all for reading my rambling little story.........

Patrick...
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: A little story and I'm in need of a Re-block

Post by Doctor_Jones »

Hello Ripper. :TOH: Welcome home! What a story man.. pfew... And I thought I had it rough. But I'm very pleased you are doing well now after all your struggles. Glad you found the love of your life!
Would like to give you advice for your reblock and ribbon but I think there are better people here for that. I ain't that smart, haha! :lol:
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

I just had my Camptown Legend reblocked by John Penman (Bendingoak). Fantastic job too. Had the sweatband replaced since the wire in the reeding got tweaked and it was getting out of shape. Send him a PM and see what he can do for you. You won't be sorry. If I can I'll post some pics to show off his good work.

Very pleased that you are getting your life turned around. It has been a tough few years to be sure.

Cheers! :TOH:

Dan
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

Thank you gentlemen... :TOH: I was looking at Oak's work, I might just drop him a line......
Bemo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bemo »

I thought John was officially out of the re-block business for hats other than his own. But with a story like that he may make an exception.

Perhaps Garrison Hatters might re-block as well.

Best of luck to you.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

After cutting down my re-block list. so, I am now taking non Penman hats for re-blocks.
TheSavoryTrim
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Crying at the doorsteps of those armies of salvation

Post by TheSavoryTrim »

Penman is one of the best out there, you won't be disappointed :TOH:
Chiliana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chiliana Jones »

that's quite a story. good to know that things are getting better for you :)

cheers mate :TOH:

CJ
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

That is one thing that I have missed... Is the hospitality and kindness of the family here. Oak, I shot you a PM. ;)
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Ripper wrote:That is one thing that I have missed... Is the hospitality and kindness of the family here. Oak, I shot you a PM. ;)

I sent a reply.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Hum....Ripper.....can't place the guy.... :-k

:lol:

I thought of you just last week as I drank my last coffee cube. Yep, took me that long to finish 'em.

;) :TOH:

John Penman is definitely your man. :M: :tup:

HIGH regards, old friend!

Michaelson
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

:lol: :lol: :TOH: Wow, you still had some huh ?? I'll have to see if I can get you something just as good ... I dropped Mr. Penman a line so I will see what he has to offer.

I have missed talking with you, sorry its been so long Mark... :M:

Best wishes as always my friend !

Patrick...
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:TOH:
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Ripper, you were the first guy to welcome me to COW. I will never forget you. Glad to hear things are better for you. And consider this another support for John's work. I've got a few of his hats and have had one reblocked by him. He does not dissapoint.

Dave